HFC Engineer – IQGeo
Utilities One is seeking a highly skilled and experienced HFC OSP Engineer with proven Comsof & IQGeo experience to join our team.
As an HFC OSP Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the outside plant network infrastructure for HFC networks. This includes planning and designing HFC networks, conducting surveys of existing infrastructure, coordinating with internal teams and external contractors, testing and troubleshooting network issues, and maintaining accurate records of network infrastructure and equipment.
- Plan and design HFC networks, including the selection of appropriate cable types, sizes, and routing;
- Determine the best pathway for cable placement and inform the designer of any roadblocks while identifying other utilities that may be in conflict;
- Conduct surveys of existing infrastructure to identify the best locations for new cables & equipment and to ensure the overall success of the HFC network;
- Coordinate with internal teams and external contractors to ensure the timely installation and maintenance of HFC infrastructure;
- Test and troubleshoot HFC network issues, and resolve any problems in a timely manner;
- Maintain accurate records of network infrastructure and equipment.
- Proven knowledge of HFC network architecture, components, best practices and design systems;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and implementing HFC networks;
- Proven knowledge of Comsof, IQGeo, AutoDesign, ARMIS, ArcGIS, QGIS, AutoCAD, and other engineering-related software;
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to HFC networks.
- Great Work Environment;
- Competitive Payment;
- Paid weekly – each Friday;
- Possibility to work remotely;
- Career Advancement Opportunities.