Head of Marketing
At DISCO, we strongly believe in the uniqueness of thought, experience and perspective that can only be achieved through having an inclusive and diverse workforce. We strive to continue to make DISCO an incredible place to work by fostering a culture of inclusiveness, diversity, openness and collaboration. We value all different kinds of experience, so even if you feel you don’t meet all of the necessary criteria for this position, we encourage you to apply.
What is DISCO?
DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 250,000 people interact with DISCO each month. Our customers are super passionate about our product.
Los Angeles, California, USA or Melbourne, Victoria, AUS – Remote
We are seeking a seasoned Head of Marketing to oversee our small yet agile marketing team, focusing on driving Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) subscriptions from awareness to conversion, as well as retention and expansion. This role also involves strategizing and collaborating with internal teams to boost acquisition, retention, and expansion for our SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise accounts. A successful candidate is:
- A proven leader with exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a knack for building complex business systems
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for efficiency gains and strategic growth
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and leading a team to exceed their performance objectives
- Willing to rollup your sleeves and get the work done, should-to-shoulder with your team
- Build and lead a dynamic marketing team, focused on the successful growth of our Direct-to-Artist and SMB business in North America and beyond
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that align with DISCO’s broader objectives, with a focus on demand generation initiatives
- Partner with Revenue Operations to optimize conversions, delivering insights to both the Marketing, Sales, and Executive teams
- Partner with product marketing to deeply understand the product and successfully communicate the value to diverse segments
- Oversee the creation of compelling content and marketing campaigns that resonate with our diverse customer base, from Artists, to SMBs, to large enterprises
- Lead partnership marketing efforts, identifying and nurturing strategic partnerships to bolster brand visibility and market reach
- Foster an online community of Artist ambassadors, leveraging community engagement to enhance brand loyalty and customer retention with a goal of driving user-generated content
- Manage external marketing and PR agencies to align external communications with our brand voice and strategic goals
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in marketing leadership, with a strong background in digital marketing and SaaS environments
- Demonstrated experience in driving customer acquisition, retention, and expansion is required, within the music or related industries is a plus
- Proven track record in developing and executing successful marketing strategies in D2C and B2B segments
- Expertise in marketing automation, CRM tools, and digital marketing platforms
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in team management and development
- Experience in the Workflow Software Space with companies similar to DISCO, Slack, or Notion that are central to a user’s daily workflow.
- Involvement in scaling a business or product in the $5-$20M revenue stage, particularly in marketing
- US Market Experience
- Experience Managing and Developing a Premium Brand
- Music industry experience is a plus
At DISCO, our employees have told us what benefits mean the most to them, and we’ve listened. So as a DISCO employee, you will work remotely from home (or a co-working space) whilst being supported by a friendly and fun international team.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary in a fast-growing startup
- Medical/Dental/Vision- We contribute $500 per month towards these costs for US employees, which is automatically added.
- Four weeks of paid vacation leave per year
- Paid bank/public holidays as outlined in our Leave Policy
- 401K Plan – Although we currently don’t provide matching at this time, we do pay the annual fees on behalf of our employees for this service
- Two weeks of paid sick leave per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- A company laptop
- Monthly internet allowance/reimbursement
- Office set-up allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance
- The ability to work how you want. We’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work.
To apply for this incredible position, please submit your resume — a cover letter is optional.
DISCO is an equal-opportunity employer. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who have disabilities. If you require any reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please note this in your cover letter and we will reach out to you.