Head of Growth
Kara Inc. is a fast-growing software company dedicated to building the data infrastructure for climate disclosures and ESG reporting. Our customers are venture capital investors and technology companies. As our Head of Growth, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of strategic initiatives aimed at accelerating our growth and expanding our reach. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of professionals who share your passion for sustainability and making a positive impact on the world.
Kara is a software platform to empower investors and technology companies to achieve their climate and social goals.
The problem that we are solving is that investors (LPs and GPs), governments, and a whole new generation of consumers are increasingly asking if their capital is building the world that they want to see: Are our investments helping solve our climate crisis? What’s the diversity of the leadership of our portfolio companies? Are there any practices within the companies that are not responsible?
Starting with venture capital investors, the platform measures the ESG and impact performance of a portfolio of companies, while extracting insights on both individual companies and an aggregated portfolio, making the results easy to share with LPs and other stakeholders. The platform is framework agnostic (SFDR, UN PRI, UN SDGs, Net Zero, SASB, etc), but it has a set of data that is uniform throughout to be able to set benchmarks and compare metrics.
Capital is the ultimate lever for change. Kara aims to be the ESG data clearinghouse for all capital invested. We’d love for you to join us.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive growth strategy that aligns with the company’s vision and goals.
- Identify new business opportunities and partnerships to expand our reach and market share.
- Build and manage a high-performance team of marketing, sales, and business development professionals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless execution and delivery of projects.
- Analyze market trends and competitive landscape to inform decision-making and optimize performance.
- Manage budgets and resources to ensure efficient use of company’s assets and resources.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and customers.
- 7+ years of experience in business development, marketing, or related roles in the environmental services industry.
- Proven track record of delivering successful growth strategies and achieving business targets.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related fields required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage Health Insurance Plan
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
At Kara, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.