Head of Delivery
Job Title: Head of Delivery
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Direct Reports: Lead delivery manager, 2x delivery managers
Location – UK applicants only
Responsible for developing Kooth’s delivery management capability, transforming how our delivery teams collaborate, operate and deliver value. Recruiting and developing a team of talented Delivery Management professionals in the UK and US.
Leadership and Strategy
- Represent and champion the delivery management function across the whole of Kooth, confidently communicating the value of the role to digital and non-digital stakeholders.
- Drive the delivery of value quickly, smoothly, and more predictably, reducing risk, and avoiding costly delays and hand-offs.
- Promote the continuous improvement of teams’ delivery practices, including the use of appropriate data and metrics to identify and address issues that impede the smooth, fast flow of value delivery.
- Manage and mentor a team of delivery managers, building capability and supporting professional development, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation, and continuously improving Kooth’s delivery practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities Kooth faces as a business, as it expands in the US and UK, and the role that Delivery Management plays in meeting and exceeding those challenges and opportunities.
- Lead and grow a team distributed across the UK and the US
Hands on Delivery Management:
- Lead on the coordination of delivery of a number of different products and services, ensuring that delivery progress is effectively communicated, the team is transparent and that the work is understood externally.
- Lead a continual planning process in a fast-moving complex environment, devising roadmaps and identifying and managing complex interdependencies in plans across Kooth’s departments and products.
- Lead on the structure and composition of Kooth’s delivery teams – a structure and composition that promotes sustainable, long-lasting teams that effectively and efficiently deliver to the needs of the business and of Kooth’s users.
- Ensure the health and sustainability of Kooth’s delivery teams, creating an open and collaborative environment to work in, and using strong mediation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Identify and challenge unnecessarily complicated organisational processes, coaching the organisation to continually improve its processes.
- Implement and support the use of appropriate delivery methodologies, digital tools and ways of working to empower distributed teams to deliver.
Cross-functional Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with product, engineering, service delivery and clinical teams, building strong relationships to improve and enhance the collaborative, iterative delivery of Kooth’s products and services, ensuring we meet the needs of our users and our clients.
- Build consensus between Kooth’s different functions and highly independent and diverse stakeholders, solving and unblocking issues between teams or functions at the highest level, in a calm and collaborative manner.
- Communicate roadmaps and plans, and associated dependencies, risks and mitigations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively – including clients, our board and wider external audiences.
- Create an environment where working in the open becomes the default practice across the organisation.
- Collaborate with and direct external suppliers and delivery partners as well as working with internal teams.
- This role will likely involve occasional travel between the UK and the US.
- Experienced leader with a track record of leading complex programmes of product and service delivery through several multi-disciplinary teams.
- Line management of delivery managers and team lead experience
- Demonstrable experience of promoting the role and benefits of delivery management, and owning and driving the continuous improvement of delivery
- Knowledge and experience of using a range of lean and agile delivery practices to deliver and iterate user-centred digital products and services
- Understanding of user research, interaction and service design, product management, and software development practices (eg DevOps, CI/CD)
- Significant demonstrable work experience of leading the delivery of complex programmes of work
- Significant demonstrable work experience of leading multiple delivery managers, or an entire delivery management function.
- Significant demonstrable work experience of adopting and adapting practices from a range of lean and agile delivery methods.
Are you looking for a fulfilling career with attractive perks and a supportive work environment? Look no further! We’re excited to offer an incredible opportunity with a range of benefits that cater to your professional growth, well-being, and work-life balance.
1. Competitive Salary:
Up to £110,000 based on experience
2. Generous Annual Leave:
Enjoy 28 days of annual leave, in addition to public holidays, providing you ample time to recharge and spend quality moments with your loved ones.
3. Professional Development:
Benefit from our yearly professional training programmes, tailored to your career aspirations and designed to enhance your skills and knowledge.
4. Financial Security:
Secure your financial future with our pension contributions and annual company share option awards, giving you a stake in the success of the company.
5. Health and Well-being:
Prioritize your health and well-being with our comprehensive AXA Health Insurance and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). The EAP offers 24/7 telephone mental health support and access to GP consultations, ensuring your mental and physical health are taken care of.
6. Life Assurance:
Gain peace of mind knowing that you’re covered with life assurance, providing up to four times your annual salary to your loved ones in the unfortunate event of your passing.
7. Flexible Working:
Embrace the flexibility of remote working, allowing you to create a work-life balance that suits your needs and maximizes your productivity.
8. Lifestyle Benefits:
Participate in the Cycle to Work Scheme, promoting a healthy and eco-friendly lifestyle, and take advantage of our Incapacity Income Protection to safeguard your financial stability in case of unforeseen circumstances.
At Kooth, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and embraces the unique contributions of every individual. We believe in equal opportunities for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
Our dedication to creating a fair and unbiased environment is reflected in all aspects of our recruitment, hiring, and employment practices. We strive to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination, where every employee is treated with respect and dignity.
Request for Reasonable Adjustments:
We are dedicated to providing reasonable adjustments to applicants and employees with disabilities or individuals who require accommodations to participate in the application process, interviews, or job-related tasks. If you require any reasonable adjustments to ensure your equal participation in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources team.
Your openness will allow us to work together to provide appropriate accommodations and ensure a fair and accessible application and employment experience for everyone.
Kooth plc is committed to our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults . We are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment. This will include a DBS check.