Head of Client Services, North America
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 22 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Mondelez, Diageo, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We believe that brand growth, trust and loyalty is driven through Genuine Human Connection and that social media presents the best opportunity for brands to engage emotionally with their audience.
Client Services Function:
As the ultimate relationship brokers, it’s our job to create partnerships internally and externally, mine for opportunities that could benefit from creative problem-solving, and ensure that the agency’s service offering remains competitive and profitable.
We are tasked with leading our clients to do the best work of their lives while leading the team to live their best lives. It’s a balancing act that takes complete passion for this industry, and a willingness to go all-in, mess up, and try again.
Is this you?
You excel at building highly organized, business-minded teams, exhibit strategic leadership, an expert negotiator, and champion outstanding work. You have a proven track record of transforming client relations into valuable business opportunities and are recognized as a collaborative leader.
You’re a person who is all over culture and trends. You have energy for days and a “can-do” personality. You’re also a thought provoker and problem solver, who is creatively driven. You provide first-class client services, always responsive and receptive to client needs. You love an adventure and thrive on delivering impact at scale.
As our next Head of Client Services, you’ll play a pivotal role in leading and growing the Client Services team to ensure our clients receive exceptional service, strategic guidance, and creative excellence. At the core, you’re an experienced marketer who infuses energy and a creative spark into every team, serving as a consistently inspiring driving force within the agency.
You’re a leader and a team player – you value the greater good of the team vs. any personal agenda. You’re tenacious and brave at your core, smart and nimble with an incredible work ethic and someone who sets the bar high and holds yourself & others accountable.
The Head of Client Services is responsible for overseeing the growth, management, retention and satisfaction of all clients in North America. You will be part of North America’s Leadership team and contribute to the company’s growth as a whole.
Sound like you? We’d love to talk to you about this position!
What You’ll Do
The Head of Client Services will be responsible for developing and managing client relationships to be seen as a leader and trusted advisor – balancing company and client needs. You will drive innovation and continually push for fresh thinking and what is next with internal teams and our clients. The success of the entire team, client budget, profitability, and work quality start and stop with you. You’ll build a successful team around a client’s needs, skills and budget, always focusing on delivering excellence for your client.
● Lead and develop high value relationships with our incredible clients: You’ll build and sustain senior and executive-level relationships with client partners, becoming a trusted marketing partner through a strong understanding of overall business goals
● You’ll champion strategically sharp work, be a true partner to clients, show a passion for the brand and category, and easily navigate a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
● Drive business development efforts: You’ll identify opportunities for organic growth within existing accounts and pursue new client relationships. You’ll be a key member in new business pitches as the face of client relationships.
● You’ll drive all client scope negotiations, growing revenue as much as possible while also building trust and partnership
● Business orientated with strong negotiation, presentation, interpersonal, & storytelling skills. You are a whizz at creating decks and presentations.
● Motivate internal and external resources, build good relationships with various teams, and keep them focused on quality deliverables, timelines, and budgets
● Set the vision and expectation for the Account Team: You’ll manage and nurture each individual and the team as a whole, setting the pace and expectation of the department and working with each member to overcome obstacles and help them to grow professionally.
● You’ll coach the account teams to drive business results and maintain strong client sentiment and rapport
● Act as a driving force for profitability in the agency, working with the Account Directors and Finance Director to ensure accurate financial management across the board.
- Develops in collaboration with finance and department heads yearly SOW, including scope writing, proper tracking of scopes to workflow and planned hours to actual, managing external costs etc.
- Utilize your extensive client services experience to drive exceptional client satisfaction. Understand and address client needs effectively, ensuring successful collaboration and campaign execution
● Collaborate with your internal partners to create forward-thinking client solutions, while bringing new service and approach ideas to the table.
- Work with project teams to collectively determine ongoing client strategic plans
- Alert service experts of new opportunities and industry trends that can improve our service offering
● A People Leader:
- Excels in team management supporting positive sentiment among Account Directors
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team. This role is not suitable for junior managers, as it requires a seasoned professional capable of guiding and mentoring others.
- You have been through the good and the bad with client relationships (and have made mistakes that you’ve learned from). You’ve learned how to navigate through even the most difficult situations
- You can guide your team members as well as project teams through challenges, and help them to see the correct path forward without getting flustered
● A Chameleon:
- Have worked on highly ambitious, nimble teams and can stretch to fill any need — rolling up your sleeves to get the work done doesn’t bother you
● Solutions Oriented:
- Has experience defining solutions that generate measurable results for clients
- Reports on account performance
- Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall agency and client revenue and profitability
- You are not a lone wolf, and will work with others to problem-solve, but you are also capable of independent, strategic thinking. You know how to “get it done”, and will bring others on the journey with you
- Obsessed with the internet and how online culture shapes the world around us
- Natural curiosity and understanding of consumer behaviors and mindset.
● Confidence and Gravitas
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department relationships
- Ensure a collaborative approach internally and across agency partners to ensure happy and productive working relationships
- Articulate and able to present confidently to both clients and internal team.
● Constant Curiosity
- Identifies best and new practices, which drive efficiency and effectiveness of the agency to deliver against the clients objectives
- Solid understanding of how the business makes money, where there are gaps that need to be filled, creating and implementing. A plan to support with filling revenue and profit gaps
● This position requires a minimum of 12+ years working at an advertising agency and has extensive experience in social media. This individual will report to the Managing Director.
● To excel in this role, you need to be responsive, supportive, talented, and intelligent.
● You will be measured on your ability to nurture relationships at the senior most levels of the client organization, and your success at delivering account plans, targets, and business objectives.
Please note these benefits are applicable to US employees only
100% Remote working
36 days of holiday (including the bank holidays)
Annual Occasion Day off for an important event
1 Volunteer day off
Paid Sick time off
⚕️ Group Insurance Medical plans with generous employer contribution, including one plan that is employer covered
You can find out more about additional benefits by talking to our talent team or visiting our careers page here.
The Hiring Process
The hiring process for this position will be made up of the following stages:
Initial Call with one of our Talent Team Members
First Interview with Managing Director and a Key Team Member
Final Interview with CEO and a Key Team Member
✔️ Pre-hire Reference Check (this will be from past not current employers)
The Social Element Values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well
Be One Team
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Make Them Smile
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you!
How To Apply ️
If all this sounds like you, simply upload your resume and a cover letter (or a link to your cover letter video if you prefer). *Make sure to include the following details in your cover letter/video, or we won’t be able to process your application:
- Details of your professional experience within account management
- Details of your personal/professional experience in social media
- Why you are interested in being part of our team at The Social Element
***If you would prefer to submit your application in a different format, please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
We are excited to receive your application! ❤️