Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Based: London offices or Remote (UK)
Term: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £48000 – £58000 pa + excellent benefits
Focusrite Group is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the Web Engineering team.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining high-quality and maintainable code that is well-performing, secure, and follows all coding standards. We are going headless, using modern front-end frameworks, and making more use of cloud technologies.
You will be working on making our back-end scalable and performant. You will also be working with designers writing web user interfaces in a semantic and accessible way. You have a good grounding in Node JS experience working with micro-services (REST APIS) and experience with content management systems.
You will also be joining the team on their journey as we adopt development practices like continuous integration, TDD, and infrastructure as code. You will work closely with other developers, pairing remotely, implementing features and bug fixes, and reviewing pull requests in an agile scrum environment.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Build shippable software following engineering standards in place.
- Develop, build, and maintain both website and API systems.
- Review the code of other engineers to ensure the overall code quality and to encourage a collaborative development environment.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies.
- Ensure the code is delivered on time and is of the required quality.
- Work with other engineers across the entire business.
- Ensure a globally robust and highly scalable approach to development to support our growing number of users and services.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience with Node JS and PHP.
- Experience designing REST APIs.
- Experience developing content management systems (preferably Drupal and Contentful).
- Practice test-driven development and continuous integration/deployment (we use Circle CI).
- Comfortable with relational databases (specifically MySQL).
- Experience developing applications in the cloud (preferably AWS).
- Understand common web infrastructure tooling (CDN, databases, in-memory caches, etc).
- Agile experience of working within a continuous and iterative delivery cycle.
- Familiar with git-based workflows (pull requests, rebasing, etc.). We use GitHub.
- Understand accessibility and how it applies to your markup.
- Understand code performance and how this can affect a website’s overall loading
Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Good CSS knowledge (Sass).
- Experience with e-commerce and integrating with payment gateways.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- You are enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work on projects proactively.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are keen to pass on knowledge to other team members.
- You are innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- You have a meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continuous improvement.
- You enjoy the flexibility to work on everything from infrastructure as code to front-end.
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, our solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity – ‘we make music easy to make’.
The Focusrite Group trades under eleven established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Oberheim, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio, Ampify Music, Linea Research and Sonnox. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including three Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021 and regular appearances in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For’.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great place to work and as an equal opportunity employer we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group mission is to cultivate an equitable culture, internally and externally, where all people feel they are welcome, safe and positively represented, because at Focusrite they truly are. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible/hybrid working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, group bonus scheme, company music events, offsite company parties and free lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions and encourage personal development.