Freelance Instructional Designer
Position: Freelance Instructional Designer
Location: San Jose – Costa Rica
Remote working, on the East Coast US time zone
Do you want to use your Instructional Design expertise to help people around the world do the right thing? Join us at LRN to be a part of a global company where you can make an impact.
LRN is a SaaS based e-Learning provider with a presence across US, EMEA, APAC and LatAm. More than 2,500 companies worldwide (including some of the world’s most recognizable brands) utilize LRN services and leverage LRN e-learning courses to help navigate complex regulatory environments and foster ethical, responsible, and inclusive cultures. In partnership with LRN, companies translate their values into concrete corporate practices, training materials, and leadership behaviors that create a sustainable competitive advantage. By acting upon shared values, companies and their people find the means to out behave and outperform.
About the role:
As an Instructional Designer for the global leader in Ethics and Compliance you will develop educational content and instructional assets, such as eLearning, instructor-led training, instructional videos, etc. You will work with ethics and compliance-related subject matter, as well as other topics related to performance in the workplace. As an Instructional Designer you will integrate LRN’s learning strategy creatively and effectively, using instructional design principles, and clients’ business objectives into performance-focused solutions. Supporting our Delivery team on an ad-hoc basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with learning managers to understand clients’ business needs, performance goals, and design preferences so that they can be reflected in courses’ design, development, and implementation strategies
- Designing training solutions by tailoring library content to a client’s needs, as well as crafting fully customized, non-library programs.
- Work collaboratively with the project team (including but not limited to; project managers, learning managers, graphic designers, videographers, and programmers) to plan and produce the final product
- Advocate for course experiences that are engaging and effective
- Add value to course design documents through the scripting process
- Track, resolve, and implement internal and client edits
- Monitor project requirements and manage project scope
- The flexibility and organizational skills required to manage multiple projects
- Work in collaboration with varied internal teams, Subject Matter Experts to develop content
- Experience in developing and designing learning courses and curriculum
- Ability to conceptualize learning activities, assignments, and assessments
- Excellent communication skills with professional fluency in English – Spoken, Written and Articulation
- A keen eye for detail
- Experience in e-Learning is preferred
- Competitive hourly rates
LRN is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
NOTE: Please submit your application in English / Envíe su currículum en inglés