Field Sales Engineer – Southern CA Area Territory
Allied Machine & Engineering, headquartered in Dover, Ohio, is a leading manufacturer of holemaking and finishing cutting tool systems. Our tooling solutions deliver the lowest cost per hole in a wide range of applications. Allied offers its associates competitive pay along with a robust benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance, 401(k) match, company paid vacation/holidays, and much more.
Allied is currently looking for a growth minded outside sales professional interested in using their technical skills to sell the benefits of our products to potential customers and to show how our products are better than their competitors’. Experience preferred, but not required due to our FSE Training Program. Sales territories located throughout the US and the world. This position will be responsible for sales territory in Southern California. This is a remote position, however, candidate must live in the territory.
ROLE: Manage the selling activities in a defined territory. Act as the company representative to all distributors and end users within that territory.
- Develop a territory business plan with identified target accounts to meet the required sales increases. Also, make recommendations regarding distributor’s account status (deletions/additions). Review and adjust quarterly with the regional sales manager’s input.
- Maintain and develop additional end user business at existing accounts in the assigned territory and provide supervision of distributors associated with these accounts.
- Continue to expand new end user accounts and provide supervision of distributors associated with these accounts.
- Develop and maintain a list of end users within the territory.
- Establish and maintain distributor relationships
- Review and recommend adjustments to distributor stocking and discount programs as required to motivate and obtain required territory sales goals.
- Motivate distributor sales personnel to increase company sales through various means, but not limited to, product knowledge, applications support, and the use of company promotional programs such as the guaranteed test and demo tool programs.
- Maintain a high degree of technical proficiency regarding all company products relative to application of those products and be able to communicate, in a clear and concise manner with distributors and end users.
- Develop OEM accounts within your territory as per the regional sales manager’s direction.
- Be knowledgeable about the company’s sales policies and procedures. Keep the distributors advised of current sales policies and any changes.
- Conduct workshops or seminars with distributors and end users as required.
- Maintain timely reporting procedures regarding itineraries, expense reports, testing and trial order records, business reports as well as any reporting functions required to establish and maintain good communications with all concerned.
- Identify new opportunities
- Work on special assignments as directed by the regional sales manager (e.g. Tool show attendance)
- 2 Year engineering or technology degree or comparable work experience, 4 year degree preferred
- Machining experience preferred
- Training program available
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills both oral and written
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Car allowance
- Competitive pay with paid holidays
- Bonus program
- Paid time off of three weeks per year that begins to accrue on your first day
- Access to the Allied Family Wellness Center for you and your family
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company contributions to health savings accounts
- Life insurance paid by the company
- 401(k) match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Disability, life, and specialty insurance