Engineering Manager – (Remote – US)
Mediavine is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Growth Platforms Team to lead small, specialized teams, focused on delivering impactful and innovative solutions in the Ad Tech Industry. This role is ideal for leaders enthusiastic about driving meaningful change and shaping the future of our technology, who embrace change and demand excellence.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 10,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
We’re hiring an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a key segment within our engineering teams at Mediavine. In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing 2 squads of highly skilled engineers, driving both the technical and strategic direction of projects that are pivotal to Mediavine’s growth.
In this role, you’ll guide top-tier engineers, directing both their technical and strategic efforts. Your leadership will be instrumental in pioneering projects essential to Mediavine’s advancement in the Ad Tech industry. This position demands a balance of autonomy in squad management and alignment with the company’s overarching goals, ensuring that your team’s innovative contributions significantly impact our mission and growth.
- Lead engineering teams in aligning their efforts with business objectives and stakeholder vision
- Manage project delivery to ensure timely completion, scope adherence, and alignment with company goals, while effectively managing project risks
- Foster productive communication across teams, stakeholders, and departments
- Effectively translate technical concepts into business language; adjusting as needed based on audience
- Collaborate with and across Engineering Management in setting goals and informed decision-making
- Ownership of project deliverables through clear expectations, timelines and ensuring that engineering team meets or exceeds milestones
- Manage team performance by assessing and evaluating both individual and collective performance within the team
- Cultivate a culture of excellence within the team, promoting an environment that demands high standards, fosters innovation, and embraces collaboration and adaptability
- Strategically allocate resources to maximize team efficiency and project success
- Lead recruitment efforts to build and maintain a high-performing team, aligned with organizational standards and cultural values
- Proactively identify and address risks and obstacles, implementing strategies to streamline processes and enhance overall team performance
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- 7+ years of progressive experience in software engineering roles
- 3+ years of experience leading technical/engineering talent, including direct reports, in remote environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Proven experience in managing software engineering teams that work on distributed applications
- A comprehensive technical background, including experience with TypeScript and AWS (or similar cloud infrastructure platforms)
- Demonstrated leadership in guiding teams towards achieving business-aligned goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of effectively liaising with a variety of stakeholders and translating complex technical information
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects, with a focus on strategic resource allocation and risk management
- Extensive experience in performance management, including conducting evaluations and addressing underperformance
- Track record of successful recruitment and development of high-performing engineering teams
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices in engineering and project management
- Certifications or advanced training in project management, leadership, or related areas
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams through significant organizational changes or mergers
- Previous professional experience in the ad tech industry
- Fully remote work environment
- Travel opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer