Kooth is a fast growing business with a social purpose. Listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:KOO), our mission is to provide welcoming and effective digital mental health support to the nation.
Working in partnership with the NHS, we are already the UK’s largest digital mental health platform for young people aged 10-25. We use the collective insight from nearly one million hours of professional support we have provided to guide people to self-help, community-support, and professional help that matches their wants, needs, and goals in life. Now, we are rapidly expanding into supporting the NHS adult population and corporate sector – providing corporate solutions to help build mentally healthy businesses, and expanding internationally.
Please note, we require all applicants to be in the UK
We are looking for an engineering manager to join our growing tech team.
In this role you will be providing person-focused support and guidance for our engineers and helping us to evolve our approach to management as we grow.
You will be responsible for helping recruit, onboard and mentor new engineers, helping improve processes and delivery cadence, and making sure the engineers are given the right environment to thrive in.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing day-to-day people management and support for teams of five to ten engineers in a small to medium sized organisation
- Contribute to an environment where feedback, experimentation, continuous delivery and high quality software engineering happen
- Pastoral care of the team, ensuring psychological safety of engineers
- Contribute to continually improving and scaling the way we support our people and deliver software as we grow
- Help to create opportunities for learning and development around our core ways of working (agile, test driven development, kanban, lean) and beyond
- Understand the strengths of the engineering team and help us maintain sustainable delivery across a number of value-stream focused teams
- Help foster development through goal setting and progression tracking, and help close skill gaps with structured training
- Reporting to and supported by the CTO and working closely with leadership team to set up the Kooth engineering team for future growth and success
- Collaborate with delivery lead on improving delivery cadence and improving ways of working
- Grow the team through recruitment of new engineers, and ensure rapid, effective onboarding for them
- Having been part of an agile team and understanding what makes agile and lean software delivery successful
- Hands-on experience managing a team of engineers
- Experience in facilitating agile ceremonies, workshops and tech product canvas sessions
- Experience of collaborative leadership, working in an environment where failure is celebrated and empowering individuals to succeed
- A background in software, technology and building digital products as well as the ability to talk through and understand technical problems with engineers
- A willingness to get hands on and be alongside people, solving problems and creating understanding and alignment
- Experience in recruitment and development engineering progression frameworks
- A good understanding of modern software development practices and DevOps
- Strong cross-functional relationship skills
Nice to haves
- A background in roadmap development and strong collaboration with Product
- Infrastructure expertise
- Having been part of a large scale integration project evaluating and incorporating third party software/tools
- Up to £100,000 (dependant on experience)
- 28 days annual leave
- Yearly professional training programmes structured around you
- Pension contributions
- Flexible remote working from home
- Employee Health Care Package
- Eligible for annual award of Long Term Incentive Plan (shares)
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Are you looking for a fulfilling career with attractive perks and a supportive work environment? Look no further! We’re excited to offer an incredible opportunity with a range of benefits that cater to your professional growth, well-being, and work-life balance.
- 1. Competitive Salary:
- Up to £100,000
- 2. Generous Annual Leave:
- Enjoy 28 days of annual leave, in addition to public holidays, providing you ample time to recharge and spend quality moments with your loved ones.
- 3. Professional Development:
- Benefit from our yearly professional training programmes, tailored to your career aspirations and designed to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- 4. Financial Security:
- Secure your financial future with our pension contributions and annual company share option awards, giving you a stake in the success of the company.
- 5. Health and Well-being:
- Prioritize your health and well-being with our comprehensive Health Shield cover and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). The EAP offers 24/7 telephone mental health support and access to GP consultations, ensuring your mental and physical health are taken care of.
- 6. Life Assurance:
- Gain peace of mind knowing that you’re covered with life assurance, providing up to four times your annual salary to your loved ones in the unfortunate event of your passing.
- 7. Flexible Working:
- Embrace the flexibility of remote working, allowing you to create a work-life balance that suits your needs and maximizes your productivity.
- 8. Lifestyle Benefits:
- If you’re seeking a stimulating career where your well-being, growth, and contributions are valued, we invite you to apply and become a part of our dynamic and supportive team. Join us as we strive for success together!
At Kooth, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and embraces the unique contributions of every individual. We believe in equal opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
Our dedication to creating a fair and unbiased environment is reflected in all aspects of our recruitment, hiring, and employment practices. We strive to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination, where every employee is treated with respect and dignity.
Request for Reasonable Adjustments:
We are dedicated to providing reasonable adjustments to applicants and employees with disabilities or individuals who require accommodations to participate in the application process, interviews, or job-related tasks. If you require any reasonable adjustments to ensure your equal participation in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources team.
Your openness will allow us to work together to provide appropriate accommodations and ensure a fair and accessible application and employment experience for everyone.
Kooth plc is committed to our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults . We are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment. This will include a DBS check.