Education Sales Account Manager – REMOTE
Champion customers to empower the next generation of learners
At MasteryPrep, we believe customers are forever and the role of an Account Manager goes beyond conventional sales boundaries – you are the bridge that connects educators to the resources that fuel student success. Every connection made and every solution provided contributes to leveling the playing field in education. This role is tailor-made for someone who values long-term relationships and can pinpoint opportunities within well-established connections.
As an Account Manager, you’ll primarily focus on contract renewal and upsell opportunities with our school district partners, ensuring their needs are met and constantly discovering ways they can further benefit from MasteryPrep’s evolving suite of offerings.
Our Account Managers thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by the desire to bring the best educational tools to schools and districts. You will have the opportunity to deeply understand the challenges educators face and craft tailored solutions that fit their unique needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
- Identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities within current accounts.
- Understanding customers’ needs deeply to identify new areas where our products and services can add value.
- Renewing contracts and ensuring customer retention.
- Owning the timeline of pivotal events throughout the customer journey.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction metrics and proactively addressing any concerns.
- Collaborating proactively within the Sales team, and with Product, Marketing, Support and Instruction to ensure customer success.
- Relay feedback and market insights from customers back to our product and marketing teams.
- Record sales activities, client interactions, and other relevant data to inform future strategies and decisions.
Nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep has increased its student outreach by 200 percent since 2020 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
When we ask our employees what they love most about working for MasteryPrep, it comes down to the mission, the people and the challenge.
- The mission: Ever had a day when you just don’t feel like getting out of bed and working? We don’t. We have a strong mission that truly changes lives and it motivates us each day to get up, get together, get better and get things done.
- The people: MasteryPrep is as diverse as the student population we serve and we value our employees as people, not just the position they fill. We have bicyclists, book nerds, musicians, basketball players, video gamers, and one person who has an insanely green thumb. No really. She can grow anything!
- The challenge: We believe that with everything we do, we should make it awesome. We don’t believe in “average,” “run-of-the-mill,” or “ordinary.” And “good enough” isn’t in our vocabulary. We’re growing tremendously and won’t stop until every student has access to a better future. Bring your experience, skills and creativity here – and you’ll find MasteryPrep is a place to contribute and feel valued.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Sales or other related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of successful experience in inside sales, with a proven track record of securing renewal business
- Account management experience preferred
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Education experience is a plus
- Strong persuasion, negotiation, and consultative selling abilities
- Skilled at building and maintaining professional relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM tool preferred
- Experience with Gainsight or comparable customer success software is a plus
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (Microsoft Office 365)
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Education / Ed Tech sales experience is a plus but not required
- $70,000 base salary
- Additional variable compensation up to $70,000 based on renewal quotas
- Employee benefits eligibility (health, disability, AD&D, life insurance)
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid time off
- Generous paid holidays
- Ability to work remote
- Company paid cell phone
- Company supplied laptop