Driver Acquisition Specialist , LATAM
Founded in 2015 in Athens, Greece, Welcome redefines the way people travel by going above and beyond the commoditized transfer service and being the first company to deliver a complete, personalised, in-destination travel experience. From the moment a traveler arrives at a new destination, until their return journey home, Welcome accommodates all their travel needs, including transfers, sightseeing trips, and local information, in the easiest, friendliest, and most personalised way possible. Welcome’s drivers are experts in the area and share their local know-how to make travellers feel at home wherever they are. The company has also introduced contactless rides, thorough cleaning protocols, and protective equipment to make every journey safe.
Being a travel tech startup, Welcome continues to grow and scale its operations and is quickly becoming a global category leader for in-destination travel services.
- One of the highest-rated global transportation companies with a rating of 4.9/5 stars
- 194 destinations with a goal to reach 350 by 2024
- Over 2,000 travel partners including 1,000 hotels, numerous vacation rentals, and travel agents, adding 50+ new ones every month
- Over 1.5 Million happy travelers every year
⭐️ If you want to dive deeper into the awesomeness of Welcome’s culture, click on this link to check our TikTok account.⭐️
We are a group of vibrant diverse people who love traveling and never settle on quality. Each one of us didn’t join Welcome by chance and believes deeply in what Welcome is trying to achieve, so we work relentlessly to make that happen. We challenge common logic, focus on design, put simplicity and usability first, and create memorable experiences. We keep learning and exploring better ways to serve our community and grow personally and professionally in our respective fields. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
About the Role
A Welcome driver is the first person a traveler meets the moment he/she sets his/her feet on the ground at a Welcome destination. Being a traveler’s “Friend on the Ground”, the driver provides high-quality transportation services reflecting what Welcome stands for, its principles, and values.
Our Driver Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the lifecycle of Driver-partners across a number of destinations. This role is responsible for the recruitment of drivers, ensuring our driver capacity meets the needs of the business while interacting with local driver communities daily.
Driver Acquisition and Onboarding:
- Manages the acquisition process for Drivers, including sourcing, lead creation, onboarding, and activation, adapting to each destination’s needs.
- Checks candidates’ profiles and conducts interviews and training calls.
- Develops and maintains a full understanding of the local driver labor market and legal landscape to identify and provide solutions to issues.
Driver Engagement and Support:
- Serves as the point of contact for new drivers, offering constant support and engagement.
- Interacts with drivers daily through various support channels.
- Gathers and provides feedback to improve driver-related data accuracy and address challenges and issues.
- Monitors driver engagement with Welcome initiatives.
Driver Performance and Quality:
- Monitors the performance and quality of services provided by new drivers through community feedback.
- Tracks community matters and prepares regular reports.
- Monitors driver performance metrics, conducts retraining as necessary, and ensures the quality of drivers.
Process Optimization and Innovation:
- Contributes to optimizing the recruitment process and supporting documentation to enhance the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Innovates and executes unique, data-driven action plans for driver acquisition and retention.
- Promotes the value and benefits of partnering with Welcome, fostering a climate that supports driver referrals.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Acts as a liaison between Welcome and new drivers for inquiries and feedback throughout their partnership lifecycle.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager and Driver Acquisition Lead, providing data and insights related to driver performance and market challenges.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 1+ years’ experience in operations, ideally in driver acquisition or other high volume independent contractor acquisition, last mile logistics and/or high-growth start-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Extra languages are more than welcome!
- Excellent time management, communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities quickly and effectively
- An analytical mind and out-of-the-box thinker
- Self-motivated and hands-on with a true teamwork mentality
- A friendly and upbeat personality
- Digital native: fluent in web and digital technologies
- Remote work with a vibrant and fresh work environment
- Business trip to Welcome Pickups HQ in Athens
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level
Interested? If we got you excited and you think you have what it takes to join a young, well-funded, and fast-growing startup, then just hit the ‘Apply for this job button!