Director of Operations
The Director of Operations will enable SmartLogic to grow and scale. In this role you will work closely with the company CEO (Yair), meeting one on one a few times a week. Your responsibilities will fall into these categories:
- As a member of our leadership team, facilitate the manner in which our leadership team operates, including running our weekly and monthly leadership team meetings.
- Oversee and manage all of our back office and internal operations (administrative, financial, HR).
- Work closely with Yair to execute company plans related to building a marketing and sales team and executing marketing campaigns, but also providing very tactical sales support to Yair so that Yair’s sales and other external efforts can be more fruitful.
SmartLogic is an experienced and growing custom software development consultancy successfully serving clients since 2005. We are committed to our team, our clients, and the communities where we work. Some of our company initiatives over the years include leading on youth workforce development, software developer apprenticeships, our Elixir Wizards |> conference, and the Baltimore Women in Tech micro grants program. With your assistance, we will quickly bring more unique and innovative company initiatives to fruition.
In this role you will report to Yair, CEO. The other person reporting to the CEO is the VP of Delivery.
As a member of our leadership team, facilitate the manner in which our leadership team operates, including running our weekly and monthly leadership team meetings:
- Facilitate our implementation of EOS on our Leadership Team and Growth Team (lead generation and acquisition of new clients)
- For our weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings: collect agenda items from all parties, finalize agendas, update reporting dashboards, tend to all follow up, keep all minutes, track all action items
- Identify and implement ways to bring more structure and organization to the company
- Plan and execute our onsite leadership team meetings that take place ~10 times a year in Baltimore
Oversee and manage all of our back office and internal operations (administrative, financial, HR).
- Prepare and maintain our financial projections
- Manage vendor relationships of a financial scope (our bookkeepers and our tax accountants)
- Ensure compliance with the state and local jurisdictions in which we operate
- Tend to all administrative functions at the company (admin support, processing mail, maintaining inventory). Note that you do not necessarily need to be the one directly providing the administrative support, but it is important that Yair not be the one managing the person providing this support; it will be your responsibility.
- Oversee our medical insurance benefits, our annual renewal, and relationship with our broker
- Maintain our employee manual, policies, and procedures
- Assist with hiring: creating job descriptions, developing interview processes, screening candidates, training members of the team on how to conduct interviews
Work closely with Yair to execute company plans related to building a marketing and sales team and executing marketing campaigns, but also providing very tactical sales support to Yair so that Yair’s sales and other external efforts can be more fruitful.
- Identify, hire, and manage for the roles we’ll need on our Growth Team in order to execute our first large scale (relative to SmartLogic’s size) marketing campaign. It is assumed that these roles will consist of FTEs, PTEs, contractors, and small agencies.
- Given a marketing campaign and project plan developed by a marketing strategist: project manage and execute the campaign and project plan. You are not expected to serve the role of the campaign strategist who will take the campaign goals and then conduct research and create a plan showing what deliverables (podcast episodes, videos, blog posts, press releases, articles, etc.) would be published and when.
- Make those on our team operating in a sales capacity more effective in their sales capacities (help them prep for meetings, debrief with them, tend to follow up, schedule follow up appointments and reminders as necessary).
- Multiple years of experience hiring and managing individual contributors, including salaried staff, hourly employees, and contractors
- Multiple years of experience organizing management teams and working with business stakeholders
- Excellent business and professional writing skills; exemplary command of English language and grammar
- Literacy and command of business finance: experience setting up and organizing the books, preparing financial statements, and creating financial projections
- Experience in project managing, orchestrating, and executing marketing campaign / project plans
- Secondhand nature at developing, managing, and executing project plans
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $110,000, depending on relevant experience.
Aside from our monthly meetings in Baltimore, this position is fully remote and you may work from anywhere in the United States, with prior approval from your supervisor. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, unlimited PTO, unlimited sick leave, paid parental leave and a 3% matching SIMPLE IRA program.
New employees are allowed a one-time $500 home office set-up allowance. Additionally, every employee is offered $600 annually towards work from home expenses.
SmartLogic is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies.
Miscellaneous: EOS® is a registered trademark of EOS WORLDWIDE. We are not at all affiliated with them.