Director of Human Resources & People Operations
A Little About Role and Big Viking Games:
The Human Resources & People Operations Director role is an incredibly important one because at both Big Viking Games and their sister company, culture and collaboration is front and center. We pride ourselves in working everyday towards building an inclusive and welcoming community for our teams, as well as our users and fans. As we continue to grow, this individual will develop the strategic plans to take both teams to the next level and grow the HR practice within the organizations.
Big Viking Games, where we’re all about making fans, and its sister company are both high-tech companies working on games and next-generation mobile app development. We’re diverse and passionate teams, and we’re looking for a strategic, people-centric leader to join us and build out/support a People function within both organizations that helps our teams achieve their potential.
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re on the hunt for a director-level HR or People Operations generalist. You will be a key member of our team, handling the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities for both organizations and leaving your mark on operations, from recruitment to benefits.
- Recruitment & onboarding
- Culture & engagement
- Learning & development
- Talent Management, including performance & career progression
- Onboard new employees with proper HR documentation as well as manage happiness surveys and measure employee net promoter score (eNPS)
- Manage and facilitate events for employees and recruitment
- Administer Compensation structure, including annual compensation reviews, compensation analysis, etc.
- Administer benefits such as health, RSP, etc
- Manage vendor Relationships with our HR Vendors; including Humi, Assembly, Workable etc.,
- Assist with the implementation and management of the internal communication strategy
- Ensure policies, processes and programs operate in accordance with all relevant legislation, including the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, AODA, Bill C-45
- Manage and maintain employee records, HRIS systems, HR reporting and training
The Must Haves:
- 5 or more years experience in a full employee lifecycle HR role
- Remote or Hybrid Work experience and an understanding of the challenges associated with it
- Experience establishing a department from the ground up
- Understanding of change management and experience rolling out new process and programs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills; able to present with a strong business focus to various stakeholders within the company
- Experience with Google Workspace, HRIS systems (Humi), and performance management
- Knowledgeable of all relevant legislation including the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, AODA, Bill C-45
The Nice to Haves:
- CHRP designation or designation in progress
- Start-up and/or Technology industry experience
- Passion for games!
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick/Wellbeing Days)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Work with Us:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, along with a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.