Director of Business Development – Energy and Mobility
TechFlow’s success in the Energy and Mobility marketspace has created an opportunity to add a Business Development Director focused exclusively on Energy and Mobility opportunities. The ideal applicant will have Federal Business Development experience, project implementation experience, immediately leverageable client relationships, and proven success capturing Energy and Sustainability projects and programs serving Government, and Federal-Civilian markets.
This position enjoys a strong base salary and unlimited upside potential through “no-cap” bonuses on contract awards. This position will report directly to the Vice President of our Energy and Mobility Solutions Division and will engage clients, collaborate with technical and leadership personnel, identify emerging client requirements; develop, mature and maintain an significant opportunity pipeline; perform market and economic analysis; conduct business intelligence; design and execute formal capture plans; and support proposal development and price to win activities.
This role is fully open to a virtual/remote location.
- Focus primarily on identifying and maturing TechFlow’s opportunities and relationships in the Energy and Mobility marketspace
- Develop Capture Plans and Campaign Plans; drawing on successful experience across the business development life cycle for Energy and Mobility capabilities and solutions
- Develop capture strategy for the pursuit of opportunities; develop value propositions, discriminators and differentiators; identify customer decision-makers, perform competitive assessments, assist in identifying teaming suppliers, and develop price-to-win assessments
- Drive technical and acquisition client call plans and other outreach efforts to qualify and inform opportunity pursuit decisions
- 8+ years relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in an Energy and Mobility Business Development role with successful performance of annual revenue and sales targets
- Experience with the US government’s acquisition process (FAR) and engagement with procurement officers, executives, and decision-makers
- Experience with the entire business development life-cycle from qualification through contract award
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance
- Existing, leverageable client relationships that can generate immediate contracts for energy or mobility-related projects while other pipelines are developed
- 5+ years of project implementation experience
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Digital Services, Base Operations and Energy and Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 11 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance