This is a remote position open to applicants living in Argentina or Uruguay.
Would you like to work on meaningful, ambitious products with an exceptional team?
Rotunda is seeking a talented backend developer with an interest in DevOps to help maintain and scale our expansive server infrastructure, which already supports over 3,500 organizations and one million volunteers. This position is a growth opportunity for somebody who wants to gain real-world experience building robust, complex, and highly available (close to zero downtime) web applications using a microservice architecture, under the guidance of experienced mentors. In addition to infrastructure projects, there is also the opportunity to work on application logic in Node.js for candidates with the appropriate skill set.
Our applications run in the AWS ecosystem and leverage technologies that include Kubernetes, MySQL & Postgres, Redis, and MongoDB. Our DevOps team also builds internal tools and sophisticated continuous delivery systems.
Please note that one of the responsibilities of this position is to participate in an “on call” rotation schedule and be able to respond quickly in the unlikely event of any unexpected infrastructure issues.
Rotunda is a talented, dedicated, international team, passionate about doing meaningful work and building extraordinary products that people love. Our mission is to help people do good things, and our unique culture is rooted in a set of shared values.
- Participate in three week, self-regulated development sprints
- Share responsibility for being “on call” to address unexpected infrastructure issues
- Learn, leverage, and create specialized application architecture
- Help ensure the health and fitness-of-purpose of infrastructure that supports over one million regular users
- Share and critique ideas without regard to ego, with a practical focus and urgency
- Carefully track action items to maintain the efficiency of the team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- A passion for DevOps, and at least 2 years of real-world DevOps work experience
- Intimate familiarity with the AWS ecosystem and Linux-based OS
- Proficiency with Kubernetes
- Proficiency with relational databases
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Advanced proficiency in English
- A desire to do exceptional work on meaningful products
- Salary determined by experience, minimum USD 5K + bonus
- Flexible working hours
- A freedom unique to self-funded, profitable companies
- A strong, closely-knit team
- A focus on growth including one-on-one mentoring and capacity building courses
- Work-life balance and a fully remote work environment done right
- Retreats (past destinations include Uruguay, San Francisco, Mexico, and Costa Rica)
- Paid sabbatical program