Elevar, recently acquired by Buxton, is a leading SaaS company empowering online merchants to build a robust data foundation. We simplify server-side event tracking, providing merchants with actionable insights to fuel smarter decisions, accelerate growth, and achieve their goals. This exciting acquisition combines Elevar’s expertise in online analytics with Buxton’s retail analytics prowess, creating a powerhouse in the industry.
Join our dynamic team of 4 engineers as a DevOps Engineer and play a pivotal role in scaling our application infrastructure. You’ll focus on infrastructure, monitoring, and delivery, empowering your fellow engineers to focus on cutting-edge product development. We utilize the following cloud services on the Google Cloud Platform:
- Serverless functions
- Redis (Memorystore)
Our application utilizes the following technologies:
About Our App
Our app is split into two pieces: a user-facing app and a data pipeline.
- The user-facing app is a React app that uses a Python backend (API first). It provides our customers with the ability to manage their accounts, configure their tracking, and view reports.
- The data pipeline is made up of serverless functions that receive thousands of hits per second. It enriches, filters, and transforms our merchants’ data into payloads that various marketing channels can ingest. This will be the primary focus of this role.
What You’ll be Doing
- Collaborating with a fully remote team to seamlessly scale our application.
- Championing developer experience (DX) by implementing initiatives like ephemeral environments, automated tasks, and streamlined deployments.
- Optimizing infrastructure by identifying bottlenecks, implementing security initiatives, selecting optimal cloud services, and minimizing costs.
- Provisioning infrastructure, migrating from manually configurationed services to Infrastructure as Code (IAC).
- Monitoring systems, conducting load testing, and contributing to product roadmaps with an infrastructure-centric lens.
How we work
- Our workload is divided into releases that vary in length depending on the work contained in each release. Most of our releases take about a month to complete.
- Each release includes a maintenance cycle where app improvements and refactors take place.
- The release is a time of focus. Distractions are limited during this time.
- Our application is all contained in a monorepo so that types and logic can be shared across workspaces.
We are a small team looking for our first DevOps team member. We’ve kept our infrastructure in check up to this point (no big mess!), but our minds are occupied with product-related enhancements and we need someone solely focused on infrastructure. We have a wishlist of DX items!
We deal with a high volume of data through our app. We use serverless and big data services to handle this.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud services
- 2+ years of experience in Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with high-throughput systems and/or data pipelines.
- Ability to work in a unix environment
- Open and transparent communication
- US Resource with the ability to work preferably in/around the EST time zone
- US work authorization (green card required).
- Experience automating ephemeral environment creation that relies on cloud services
- Experience with proxying via Cloudflare and using Edge workers
- Experience with data engineering (Batch vs streaming processors, BigQuery, etc)
- Terraform experience
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
Here at Elevar, we believe strongly that we benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. Upon hire, a successful background check is required. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.