Albireo Energy is seeking the talents of a dedicated mechanical designer to produce highly detailed and technical installation diagrams for data center automation and monitoring systems. These systems typically involve P&ID, communication, low voltage connection and networking diagrams. Additionally, conceptual drawings and diagrams are required in support of our solutions architecture and sales team.
This position is responsible for assisting the central engineering team in the design and implementation of strategic projects globally. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the project as assigned and or as necessary.
In addition to the responsibilities below, the System Designer works under the Engineering Operations Manager, performing routine and complex technical duties in project design, implementation, and management of complex automation systems and technology integration to meet the intent of the project requirements. This includes providing detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, subcontractors and the field installation team.
Employees at this level will be expected to be self-starters capable of prioritizing the tasks associated with the project documentation development while maintaining the budgeted time allocated for the project.
• Read and interpret customer specification packages to determine design factors such as size, shape, construction materials, functionality, etc.
• Work with the engineering team to create Mechanical and Electrical System models.
• Develop layouts, detailed design drawings, and diagrams for Mechanical and Electrical Systems (consisting of enclosures, conduit, cabling, onelines, building layouts, etc.).
• Draft detailed multi-view drawings of parts, sub-assemblies, and installation details.
• Assure the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, BOMs, files, engineering records, and tasks of assigned projects.
• Ensure all purchased parts are correctly modeled for efficient assembly of electrical/mechanical equipment.
• Coordinate equipment manufacturer submittals for connection details and compatibility with design requirements
• Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CE or customer specific)
• Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.
• Communicates all requested design changes to their Engineering Group Leader.
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
• Adhere to all procedures pertaining to the job responsibilities.
• Responsible for communicating progress on tasks to project engineer or manager.
• Will periodically supervise the system design effort on a project level delegating tasks to a team of people.
• Organize documentation, including quotes, drawing registers, correspondence, requisitions, drawings, schedules, etc. on projects you are supervising.
• Review electrical requirements with respect to input and output devises with electrical designers.
• Review machine operations and machine sequences with programmers.
• Assist the fabricators, machinists, toolmaker and electricians in the debug, integration resolving problems and completion of systems.
• Determines tools, fixtures and equipment to be used in fabrication and assembly of mechanical components and complete assemblies.
• Select appropriate purchase component for system assemblies and create requisitions with appropriate delivery dates.
• A working knowledge of common mechanical and electrical systems in buildings.
• A working knowledge of automation(P&ID) and monitoring systems.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of drafting principles.
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Solid Works.
• Must be capable of designing systems from sketches or verbal concepts.
• Must be capable of working as part of a team in a multilocation, remote environment.
• Experience working with virtual collaboration systems such at Microsoft Teams.
• A thorough knowledge of the use of electro-mechanical actuation and sensing devices.
• A thorough knowledge of the use of electrical devices (i.e. switches, sensors, transmitters, relays, etc.).
• Must be capable of giving and taking direction.
• Must demonstrate a strong ability to conceptualize and create solutions for complex design requirements.
• Must have strong written and oral communication abilities.
• Able to independently complete all specific responsibilities with minimal supervision.
SKILLS SHOWN PREFERENCE:
• Experience working with low voltage installation practices.
• Experience with Revit or similar BIM modelling system.
• Experience with physical network devices used in operation technology.
• Experience managing others.
Experience with client-facing interactions and participating in solutions development.
• Autodesk Inventor (2 yrs or equivalent combination of training and experience)
• Drafting and drawing standards development knowledge
• Electrical / Mechanical aptitude
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Microsoft Office proficient
• High attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• BS in Mechanical Technology or Engineering degree
• Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical (5 yrs)
• Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical (5 yrs)
• Mechanical Design experience with expertise within an Automation design environment (10 yrs of experience in designs utilizing pneumatics, valves, servos, mechanisms, etc).
ALBIREO ENERGY IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match