Deal Desk Strategist
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
GitLab’s Deal Desk team partners closely with our Field Organization to support Quoting, Pricing structure and booking transactions. This team serves as the primary liaison between our Sales & Finance teams and is responsible for the efficient, accurate and timely sales bookings. As part of the larger Revenue Operations team, the Deal Desk team supports our constantly changing and complex business as we launch new products, implement new processes and expand into new countries.
We’re looking for an experienced, dedicated and empathetic Deal Strategist to join our AMER Deal Desk team supporting our East sales region. Our AMER Deal Desk team is distributed across the U.S. and supports teams in the U.S., Canada, & South America, maintaining SLAs and supporting our AMER sales teams as GitLab’s customer base continues to grow.
What you’ll do
- Act as a trusted advisor & go-to resource on deal structure, quoting, and order form creation; advises on various contract options to drive deal closure
- Support sales by being the primary point of contact for all questions related to deal structure, opportunity booking, subscription management and license delivery
- Navigate complex deal cycles alongside sales by partnering with key internal stakeholders to fulfill all necessary deal requirements
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Billing, Channel, Revenue) to support the Quote to Cash process
- Responsible for reviewing SFDC opportunities to result in accurate booking metrics (Net ARR, ARR Basis, Amount, Recurring Amount)
- Collaborate with system teams to identify solutions for common QTC errors
- Participate in sales region forecast calls, QBRs, & EoQ Daily Standups
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in Deal Desk/Sales quoting functions
- The ability to provide discounting and pricing guidance – with an understanding of SSP & profitability ranges
- A strong understanding of revenue recognition in context of contract structures
- A strong understanding of legal documents/terms impacting contract structuring
- Strong sense of ethics and commitment to Transparency
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Technical acumen, especially around CPQ tools
- Experience with Zuora is a plus
- A sense of humor and curiosity
What it’s like to work here at GitLab
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLab team members are currently located in over 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a “no ask, must tell” paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.