Database Architect – MongoDB and PostgreSQL
Note: This is a 100% remote long term role with a US based company.
Senior level MongoDB & PostgreSQL Developer / Architect capable of designing and implementing an enterprise level NoSQL and relational platform.
- Designing, Building, and automating the Database Architecture for open source MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- The ideal candidate has worked with modern open source NewSQL and NoSQL platforms, cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience on automating AWS provisioning, administration and maintenance.
- Experience with scripting to automate database infrastructure tasks
- Designing and develop logical physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures. Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- After hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
Additional Desired skills
- Azure or AWS DevSecOps – CI/CD/CT
- Working in Agile and DevSecOps environment
- BS degree and 12-15 years relevant experience
- Designing, Building, and automating the MongoDB Architecture for open source MongoDB.
- Experience in database security compliance and scalability
- Experience on automating database provisioning, administration and maintenance
- Expert MongoDB architectural knowledge
- Considered a leader in the field
- Experience working with relational data modeling using tools like Erwin
- Infrastructure and configuration automation.