Data & AI Consultant
Methods Analytics (MA) is recruiting for a Data & AI Consultant to join our team on a permanent basis over the next few months
Methods Analytics (MA) exists to improve society by helping people make better decisions with data. Combining passionate people, sector-specific insight, and technical excellence to provide our customers an end-to-end data service.
We use a collaborative, creative and user centric approach to data to do good and solve difficult problems. Ensuring that our outputs are transparent, robust, and transformative. We value discussion and debate as part of our approach. We will question assumptions, ambition, and process – but do so with respect and humility.
We relish difficult problems, and overcome them with innovation, creativity, and technical freedom to help us design optimum solutions. Ethics, privacy, and quality are at the heart of our work, and we will not sacrifice these for outcomes.
We treat data with respect and use it only for the right purpose. Our people are positive, dedicated, and relentless. Data is a vast topic, but we strive for interactions that are engaging, informative and fun in equal measure. But maintain a steely focus on outcomes and delivering quality products for our customers.
What can I expect?
We are always looking for people who are passionate about our company. By registering your interest here, this also means less time looking! Also, a faster interview process for you – it’s a win-win from both sides.
This role will be mainly remote but require flexibility to travel to client sites, and our offices based in Bristol, Sheffield, and London.
As a Data & AI Consultant, you will work within our skilled Data & AI Consulting Practice. The team act as strategic advisors supporting clients on their journey to derive business value from Data & AI.
You will be innovative, outcome driven, and passionate about enabling enterprise-wide improvement in the use of Data & AI. Able to operate at a senior level and experienced in identifying, developing, and deploying AI to solve business problems and bring the value to organisations.
You will work closely with clients acting as a trusted advisor, combining business consulting experience with Data & AI expertise to help clients innovate and become data-led and AI-assisted.
You will be:
- Responsible primarily for client delivery with contribution to business development and collaboration within the Data & AI Practice and Public Sector Business Unit.
- Leading the delivery and supporting the growth of client engagements, supported by a multi-disciplinary team of Consultants from across our practices of Business Analysis, Delivery Management, Engineering, Architecture and Data Science.
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business processes and objectives, identifying high-value Data & AI use cases, providing guidance and recommendations on solutions, and advising stakeholders on data governance and responsible AI.
- Actively exploring trends in data, analytics, ML and AI to shape strategic advice to clients, keeping abreast of emerging opportunities, funding mechanisms, competitor moves, shifting priorities and pain points in target public and private sector domains.
- Educating executives on data & AI technologies, techniques, market offerings to empower leadership decisions.
- Advising C-suite teams on comprehensive enterprise data strategies, ensuring robust data foundations before AI implementations.
- Guiding data-driven initiatives and building tailored Data & AI strategies spanning detailed plans and business cases to roadmaps.
- Supporting clients to grow a lasting data & AI capability by leading on data literacy, mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Articulating and quantifying the value proposition of the consultancy’s data and AI capabilities to prospects across public and private sector.
- Working within the practice to build offers, provide thought leadership, training, and mentoring.
You will demonstrate:
- Experience setting strategic direction for use of Data & AI, shaping and supporting delivery of impactful solutions spanning business strategy, transformation, and operations.
- Confidence conveying complex technical concepts of AI and ML to a wide range of stakeholders, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to assess relevant techniques for a use-case, decide on an appropriate evidence-based approach, and communicate and justify that approach to stakeholders.
- Understanding of data governance and ethics principles, including security, privacy, and risk control metrics.
- Strong stakeholder management and leadership experience, proactively identifying clients, building rapport and identifying opportunities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience identifying and implementing Data & AI initiatives and use cases to improve business processes and outcomes.
- Appetite and evidence of continuous learning and improvement in the area of Data & AI.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Data & AI with hands-on experience of data and AI during your career, applying analytical and statistical methods within business or academic field.
- Knowledge of recent innovations such as GenAI, MS Copilot and Microsoft Fabric and/or certifications with leading cloud providers and around topics of data science AI and ML.
You may also have desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in management consulting or large organisational data strategy delivery, with engagement up to executive level.
- Experience in developing winning proposals, bids and value propositions to identify client needs, nurture executive relationships, drive new business pipeline and expand market share.
- Recognised industry standard data management qualification, such as DCAM or CDMP and understanding of data governance and maturity assessments.
- Working knowledge of use cases and application of different AI technologies including Computer Vision, ML, Gen AI etc. AI, ML frameworks and Data Science Principles.
- Technical background with an undergraduate or advanced degree (Masters, MBA, PhD etc) in a technical field (sciences, computer science, mathematics, engineering, data science).
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance. As part of the onboarding process candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard; details of the evidence required to apply may be found on the government website Gov.UK. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed, or rejected . Details of this will be discussed with you at interview.
By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
- Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
- Social – Breakfast Tuesdays, Thirsty Thursdays and Pizza on the last Thursday of each month as well as commitment to charitable causes
- Time off 25 days a year
- Buy additional days of annual leave & roll over existing
- Pension Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
- Discretionary Company Bonus based on company and individual performance
- Life Assurance of 4 times the base salary
- Private Medical Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
- Worldwide Travel Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)