Customer Support Agent (Kerala, India)
We’re looking for a Customer Support Agent to join the Fastmail support agents in India.
About the job
When the vast majority of people get their email for free, they choose Fastmail because they love email, value their privacy, and appreciate access to an all-star support team.
You’ll spend about 85% of your time directly responding to requests from current and prospective customers, primarily via email. Generally, interactions are a mix of troubleshooting and providing customer service that makes people feel heard.
As a Customer Support Agent, you’ll be responsible for the execution of tasks & duties associated with the Support team including:
- Helping customers solve problems with kindness and compassion, and empowering them to resolve issues on their own.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues, and escalating complex cases to senior staff or developers when appropriate.
- Responding to customers where they contact us: you’ll occasionally interact with customers via social media, phone, or chat.
- Developing and maintaining product knowledge: you’ll be trained on the ins and outs of our products, and you’ll stay informed on trending issues and product updates.
- Assisting with writing and maintaining customer-facing help pages, internal documentation, and standard responses to our most common questions.
- Performing daily tasks to help us stop spam, phishing, and abuse from happening on our mail servers (we’ll show you how).
- Engaging in opportunities to grow your leadership skills, such as facilitating team meetings and participating in interviews for potential colleagues.
We love our customers and want to give them the best possible experience. That’s where you come in!
This role may be great for you if:
- You love to solve tricky technical problems. You are driven to find the underlying issue and how to resolve it.
- You’re detail-oriented: you have a knack for noticing patterns, making logical connections, and describing things carefully.
- You’re patient and enjoy understanding others. You don’t mind asking questions or explaining something twice. People say you get them.
- You enjoy learning by reading: much of your time will be spent reading our internal documentation, our help pages, and internal updates sent via email.
An ideal candidate has:
- At least one year of experience in customer support or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal language skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, compassion, enthusiasm, and diligence.
- Bonus: Any experience interacting with customers via ticketing software such as Zendesk, or exposure to technical skills like HTML or coding.
If you are new to technology or tech support and interested in acquiring more technical skills, we’re interested in developing that in you! We extend opportunities to people with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
Working at Fastmail
This is a remote job based in Kerala, India. We also have team members in the United States and Australia, and we’re in close communication with them. This means a fair bit of email and Slack chat and daily video chats. Occasionally, we all need to be available outside of our usual schedules for a meeting. You will usually work five days a week, eight hours a day, and your regular schedule may include working on weekends. The India support team operates from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. seven days a week. We are partners, parents, and caregivers ourselves, and we understand that time-zone flexibility goes in both directions. Talk to us if you’re unsure.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation.
Sounds great! What’s next?
Please upload a PDF of your resume or enter your details in the fields provided. We’d also love to hear what you’re interested in, what makes the job interesting, and anything else you want to tell us up front.
We’ll email you to let you know we received your application and at least one time after that to let you know the status of your application. Please add *@*workablemail.com to your email contacts to ensure our messages arrive in your Inbox and are not misdirected to your spam folder.