Customer Service Representative (Remote)
Following a 2022 merger of CNSI and Kepro, Acentra Health combines clinical services, technology solutions, and data analytics to accelerate better health outcomes. This is a great time to join our team of passionate individuals working together to pursue the most effective solutions to today’s complex healthcare challenges. Our culture is fueled by passion and driven by purpose.
Customer Service Representative (Remote)
- Are you an experienced Customer Service Representative looking for a new challenge?
- Are you looking to join a team that ensures a collaborative and inviting culture where everyone can thrive?
If so, you might be our next new team member!
This position is open to candidates in any state in the U.S. except for Alaska, California, Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, or Wyoming.
Who we need:
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for supporting the Medicare Appeal process by answering incoming telephone calls, resolving customer questions, complaints and requests adhering to internal policies and procedures and utilizing working knowledge of the organization’s services to meet productivity and quality standards.
We are a team of experienced and caring leaders, clinicians, pioneering technologists, and industry professionals who come together to redefine expectations for the healthcare industry. State and federal healthcare agencies, providers, and employers turn to us as their vital partner to ensure better healthcare and improve health outcomes.
Singularly Focused. Mission Driven.
Accelerating Better Outcomes is our Mantra! We are mission-driven to innovate health solutions that deliver maximum value and impact.
We do this through our people.
You will have meaningful work that genuinely improves people’s lives across the country. We are a company that cares about our employees, and we give you the tools and encouragement you need to achieve the finest work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package. Our benefits are designed to provide you with additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of internal policies, procedures, and services (both departmental and operational).
- Utilizes automated systems to log and retrieve information. Performs accurate and timely data entry of electronic faxes.
- Receives inquiries from customers or providers by telephone, email, fax, or mail and communicates response within required turnaround times.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and complaints in a prompt, accurate, and courteous manner following standard operating procedures.
- Interacts with hospitals, physicians, beneficiaries, or other program recipients.
- Investigates and resolves or reports customer problems. Identifies and escalates difficult situations to the appropriate party.
- Meets or exceeds standards for call volume and service level per department guidelines.
- Initiates files by collecting and entering demographic, provider, and procedure information into the system.
- Serves as liaison between the Review Supervisors and external providers.
- Maintains logs and documents disposition of incoming and outgoing calls.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- General knowledge of office environment and business processes
- General knowledge of eligibility verification (Medicaid eligibility and program requirements for specific program of focus preferred)
- Knowledge of CPT and HCPCS codes preferred
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic data entry skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to meet Departmental standards and established workload standards
- Ability to work well with management and team members to contribute to the achievement of departmental goals
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft programs
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with team members and external customers
- Must have ability to research and resolve issues related to Medicaid program and service eligibility
- 2+ year’s customer service/telephone experience in a similar call center environment and/or industry.
- Previous experience in the medical office or other medical setting preferred
We know your time is valuable and we thank you for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Acentra Health and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Acentra Health Talent Acquisition Team
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Acentra Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.