Customer Operations Manager (India Only)
Our mission at Woolf is to make higher education more accessible and ensure that it is globally transferable. Woolf is the first global, collegiate higher education institution that lets qualified organizations join as member colleges and offer accredited degrees.
Our software helps colleges meet and maintain regulatory and quality standards — managing everything from course creation to degree issuance. Like the member colleges at the University of Oxford or Delhi University, Woolf’s colleges have the benefit of being a part of a major higher education institution, while staying independent.
Our colleges include upGrad, Scaler Neovarsity, AlmaBetter, and others.
We are a globally distributed, fully remote team with a bias for action. Our team is mission-aligned, high EQ/low ego, and committed to excellence. Our investor group includes First Round Capital (who also led the investment for Notion, Roblox, Uber, and Square), Connect Ventures, IOVC, All Access Fund, and Tribe Capital.
About the Role
Working closely with the VP of Customer Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring client satisfaction, from onboarding to product adoption, and from maintaining compliance with accreditation regulations to proactive issue resolution.
The ideal Customer Operations Specialist is excited to be part of a fast-growing startup and understands that this role is not merely a customer service position. You will help design creative solutions for our enterprise customers’ issues and support management of our content calendar.
Working closely with the Accreditation, Tech, and executive teams, your operational strength will be crucial in juggling multiple projects supporting the success of our customer operations function, identifying risks before they become issues, and ensuring long-term account health. This role is for those who thrive in fast-paced, intellectually rigorous settings, and who are adept at turning challenges into opportunities for customer success. If you are experienced in customer and marketing operations and are seeking a career move to work for a high-growth, western startup, this role may be a good fit for you.
Please note that we are only considering candidates based in India at this time.
- Help oversee the customer lifecycle from onboarding to renewal, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and account growth
- Collaborate with sales and tech teams to understand customer requirements and help customize product offerings
- Diagnose customer issues with accuracy, capture jobs to be done, map the costs, loop in relevant stakeholders, and monitor the delivery of solutions from Woolf to customer
- Navigate and help comply with technical regulatory constraints related to accreditation
- Help identify and mitigate account risks, while ensuring long-term account health
- 3-5 years of experience in an operations or customer success role at a tech startup, preferable a B2B organization
- Demonstrated operational strength and accuracy in managing multiple accounts
- Exceptional client-side demeanor, with proven ability in effective communication and negotiation
- Comfortable with complex, technical issues and capable of breaking large problems into well-defined, time-bound tasks
- Ability to gain deep proficiency in Woolf’s technical product and communicate that information to client leadership
- Must be comfortable with understanding technical regulatory constraints related to accreditation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- High EQ
What Makes You Stand Out
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable working in a remote-first environment
- Previous experience or demonstrated passion for higher education/edtech
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to new circumstances
- Can jump in and do the hard things yourself when necessary
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Passion for Woolf’s mission, vision and embodiment of our core values
- Experience working in early-stage or high-growth tech startups
- Flexible PTO
- You will need to overlap your hours with USA (EST) at least 3 hours per day (9pm IST)