Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger!
We’re already backed by some of the Valley’s leading venture capitalists, including Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we’re still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced part-time Controller to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our financial operations, from day-to-day accounting to strategic financial planning. You will play a critical role in our continued growth, providing insights and recommendations to ensure financial stability and support informed business decisions.Some of the responsibilities
- Lead and manage all aspects of our accounting function including general accounting, technical accounting, tax and compliance.
- Oversee the accounting process for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory, and compliance.
- Oversee and own the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Oversee preparation of annual federal and state income tax returns and other tax compliance filings, and coordinate all tax research/projects.
- Conduct budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow analysis to support strategic planning and decision-making
- Deliver accurate and timely results reporting to management, shareholders, and the Board of Directors
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, process improvements, and revenue generation
- 5+ years of accounting experience. Experience in startup or fast-growing environments is a plus
- CPA required.
- We’re looking for a candidate who inspires a high-performing accounting team, but can also embrace ambiguity and loves solving problems.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Investing in you
- Competitive salary
- Option to work fully remotely or in-person
- Reimbursement for educational courses
Generous Time Off
Workstation setup stipend
At Burq, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.