Content Writer – Australia Secondary English and HASS
Location: Australia, remote – work from home
Hourly Rate: $28 AUD per hour
Contract: 12 month contract with potential to extend, 20 hours per week
Hiring Manager: Mariam Bazzi
Recruiter: Frazer Morton
Closing date for applications: 27th February 2024 (This may be earlier, dependant on interest)
First things first! What is Twinkl? What is Twinkl’s mission?
Twinkl is here to “help those who teach.” It’s what brings us to work every day. We’re proud to create educational resources that can be used at each step of a child’s learning journey.
Our award-winning resource collection – created by teachers for teachers – provides unlimited supplementary digital and printable teaching resources at an unbeatable value.
We have over a million resources, and new content is added every day. Don’t see what you need? Just ask! We make bespoke resources for our members as part of our world-class customer service promise to help those who teach.
We support educators and children across Chile and around the world, and we’re committed to transforming lives through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you teach, Twinkl is here for you!
As a Content Writer, you’ll be joining our exciting secondary “Beyond” product team, where you will be creating resources specifically designed for Australian educators teaching the Year 7 – Year 10 Australian English and/or Humanities and Social Sciences Curriculums.
You will be employed as a content writer, producing raw teaching materials from scratch. The tasks you fulfil on any one day will be determined by your team leader according to workflow and customer needs.
You will be a specialist for the Year 7- Year 10 Australian English and/or Humanities and Social Sciences Curriculums, using your up-to-date knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and supporting documentation to ensure that our resources are suitable for the target audience, are engaging and innovative, and provide the correct levels of challenge and support.
You’ll work with:
- Our team of content writers, editors, designers, illustrators and digital copywriters, mainly based in Australia;
- The Secondary Segment Manager.
You will learn:
- The ins and outs of being a Content Writer at Twinkl;
- How to respond to customer requests and feedback;
- The production process required for creating new and innovative resources;
- How a production team works together across different markets and countries.
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Have excellent up-to-date knowledge of your subject area and a passion for teaching it;
- Have enthusiasm for creating exciting and engaging new resource content, aligned to the Australian Curriculum;
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to operate in an agile team environment;
- Have a strong work ethic, and pride yourself on the quality and accuracy of your work;
- Strive for continuous personal development and be a fast learner who thrives on challenges;
- Be honest, trustworthy and reliable;
- Have the ability to manage time effectively, be organised and be prepared to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Have excellent technology skills with the ability to operate fluently between a range of different IT platforms;
- Have confidence in demonstrating a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
You will need:
- Your own device and a reliable, high-speed internet connection, with the capacity for face-to-face meetings over webcam;
- The capacity to work across time zones.
You will be:
- Committed to representing diversity through the work you produce;
- Committed to understanding and implementing Twinkl Beyond Brand guidelines;
- Constantly aware of the Australian secondary education market and able to identify gaps, as well as being aware of competitor releases.
We’re interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following:
- A qualified active teacher status;
- A passion for teaching and creating fun, engaging classroom experiences;
- Likes to work collaboratively with different teams across time zones.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in secondary education or appropriate equivalent degree, with a focus on English and/or Humanities and Social Sciences;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant classroom teaching experience with full class responsibility;
- Recent classroom teaching experience.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging – our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) – Our ever-evolving program includes: Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.
Our Recruitment Process: