Compensation Consultant, Delivery Operations
Are you a driven compensation professional looking to expand your career within an innovative, fast-growing company? Would you be excited to evolve your skills and knowledge about the field of compensation management? Salary.com is looking to add an energetic, self-motivated Compensation Consultant, Delivery Operations to our team of experts to demonstrate your domain knowledge to our customers and prospects!
We are the leading consumer and enterprise resource for compensation data, software, consulting, and education. For nearly 20 years, we’ve not only helped people understand their worth – we’ve also helped organizations attract and retain top talent by enabling smarter pay decisions. Today, Salary.com serves more than 8,000 customers and millions of consumers each year by connecting them with critical pay, benefits, and career data, technology, and resources. We are recognized by leading industry analysts as having the most innovative software platforms and compensation data in our space.
About the Role…
Salary.com is competitively positioned as a leading enterprise resource for compensation data, software, consulting, and education. As a Salary.com Compensation Consultant, Delivery Operations you will be responsible for supporting our customers providing them with consultative solutions to their most challenging questions about the entire compensation body of knowledge. Our mission is to provide our clients with compensation programs that they can use to make informed talent management decisions.
- REMOTE role, Office located in Waltham, MA optional
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm
- Career pathing & growth opportunities
- Base Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000 plus quarterly bonus potential
A Day in the Life…
- Provide support in the design, development, administration, and training related to client compensation programs. Client compensation programs may include base pay, incentive plans, sales compensation plans, executive compensation plans, equity programs, performance management plans, career ladders, job families, job descriptions, competencies, salary surveys, FLSA compliance, and related programs.
- Project support including, but not limited to, data and document collection; survey research; job matching; communication development; proposal framework creation
- Begin to develop client network, proactively reaching out to clients and prospects to discuss issues and needs and forming productive relationships. May be the primary contact for small clients. Participate in client planning.
- May be the lead consultant for smaller clients and manage client expectations and satisfaction. May interact with executives of the client in the context of projects. Support senior colleagues on larger, more complex projects potentially leading some client facing aspects of the project in an area of expertise.
- Work closely with Senior Consultants and Project Managers to advise clients on the advantages and disadvantages of different compensation plan approaches.
- You will lead projects with minimum direction from more expert consultants and/or serve as a team member for larger, more complex client engagements.
- Refine and apply knowledge of compensation design and implementation practices to deliver high quality and effective client solutions.
- Participate in client project team meetings, including agenda creation and capturing meeting minutes
- Audit client job descriptions for content and draft job descriptions reflecting duties, responsibilities, qualifications and requirements
- Support business development efforts of senior colleagues. This will include participating in client calls and meetings and producing initial drafts for parts of proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resources, Math, Economics focus preferred)
- 2-4 years of experience in corporate operations or consulting and a desire for continuous learning in the field
- Compensation knowledge and/or industry experience is a plus
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Capacity to work independently, as well as collaborate with a team
- Company celebrations
- 10 paid holidays and generous paid vacation time
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Robust benefit plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability coverage
- 401K with 6% Company match