Community Solar Summer Internship
Community Solar Summer Intern
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is a leading owner-operator of solar projects focused on large industrial and community solar markets located throughout the United States. A pioneer in solar energy since 2006, Nautilus is committed to creating a clean, sustainable future by offering an equitable and affordable renewable energy choice. Through its Community Solar initiative, Nautilus is making solar energy available to a broader marketplace, including low to middle income (LMI) households and unrated businesses that wish to reduce their carbon footprint and utility bills.
Nautilus is wholly-owned by Power Sustainable, a global multi-platform alternative asset manager with a long-term investment approach focused on sustainable strategies. Nautilus owns solar projects throughout their entire lifecycle enabling Nautilus, along with entrusted local partners, to fulfill its promise of creating a better world by powering communities with clean energy for the long term.
Nautilus is committed to creating a strong culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by acknowledging that our differences make us stronger, together we are powerful, and we lead with intention.
About the Internship Program
The Nautilus Solar Internship Program will offer undergraduate students a paid, 10–12-week, hands-on experience assisting in the development, acquisition, and operation of distributed solar assets, while learning more about the solar and renewable energy industries. As a Nautilus intern you will gain experience in community solar, solar development, distributed generation and project financing. These opportunities offer a unique blend of analytical, financial and technology experience working alongside experienced industry veterans. This position will be highly interactive with customers, partners, and Nautilus personnel.
The Community Solar Operations Intern will work closely with the Community Solar team to maximize community solar subscriber operations, assist with marketing and customer service needs, and learn about the overall process of acquiring and managing subscribers on community solar projects from start to finish. This position will consist of a variety of different tasks, all of which will be necessary for the growth and development of Nautilus Community Solar. The internship will be remote.
Interns will be responsible for tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assist with key sales and management KPI analysis and a data management
- Assist AR with billing management and reconciliations
- Assist with project onboarding
- Assist with customer outreach and retention efforts
- Attend policy committee calls and take notes for distribution internally
- Research and report on new market community solar programs
- Participate in weekly update calls with community solar providers
- Attend community outreach events and enroll new subscribers
- Assist with monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Enrolled as a student or recent graduate
- Available 40 hours/week, for 10-12 weeks
- Studies in Business Management, Environmental Studies or relevant to energy or related sectors preferred but not required
- Interest in solar and renewable energy industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software proficiency.
- Comfort working in a remote environment
- Interns will need to provide their own laptop
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the US
· Compensation for this position will be $15 per hour with an expected 40 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.