Community Health Worker (CHW)
** This is a 100% remote position but on occasion we do require in-person gatherings for training and/or team activities.*
About Activate Care:
At Activate Care, we’re on a mission to improve health equity and drive improved health outcomes across the country. Our Community Care Record platform enables healthcare and community organizations to coordinate care for populations challenged with health-related social needs. Path Assist is our tech-enabled community health worker program for HRSN utilizing an evidence-based, structured intervention. Our goal is simple: increase health confidence, improve self-efficacy, and reduce inappropriate healthcare spend.
Activate Care is hiring a Community Health Worker (CHW) also known as a Community Health Navigator (CHN) located in Nebraska who will play a key role in supporting the screening, assessment, and care navigation for local Colorado community members enrolled in the Path Assist program. This role will be a work from home position with occasional in-person team gatherings. This is an exciting role that will help accelerate local change happening in your state to drive toward better and more equitable community health.
You might be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have a passion for and experience working with individuals and families to make sure they have the knowledge, support, and resources needed to meet their social and health needs.
- Have experience successfully creating client or patient-centered action plans with community members and connecting them to services and resources from local nonprofits and social service organizations.
- Have a deep understanding of how to navigate barriers that individuals face when attempting to access community-based services or support.
- Are a self-starter who can operate independently with minimal supervision and think creatively to solve problems.
- Detail-oriented and focused on the delivery of the program model as designed.
- Thrive in a fast-paced hybrid work environment that is constantly changing by operating with a high level of autonomy/self-direction.
- Have experience utilizing electronic platforms to document patient or client care and interactions, adhering to excellent data collection standards.
- Curious and committed to developing strong relationships with resources in your community to improve the success of client referrals.
- Provide care coordination and resource navigation to an assigned caseload of community member clients with unmet social needs.
- Conduct consistent telephonic outreach, follow-up, and coaching to clients to assist with enrollment in services/benefits/programs for which they are eligible.
- Administer social determinants of health (SDOH) screening, intake forms, and any needed assessments in the Activate Care platform.
- Assist clients with prioritizing goals and creating client-centered care plans.
- Coordinate with community nonprofits and resources to help clients meet their needs.
- Provide resources to clients to improve their health literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Take a proactive approach to assist with assigned cases (eg. help schedule appointments, complete applications, make reminder calls, etc.)
- Maintain client privacy and uphold confidentiality at all times.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, workshops, and trainings to expand knowledge of department priorities, while remaining current on new developments, as required.
- Ability to commute to and from client’s homes
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree requirements: Candidates should possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle to commute to and from client’s homes
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience providing direct care coordination services to individuals and families (preferred)
- Experience working directly with nonprofits, social service providers, faith-based groups, or government agencies that address social determinants of health.
- Exceptionally strong independent working skills with strong communication.
- A collaborative team player who is committed to supporting, encouraging, and helping their team of colleagues.
- Cultural humility: You are able to communicate effectively with people from various backgrounds and work respectfully across demographic, socioeconomic, language, and all other constituents that represent diverse cultures of communities.
- Additional language skills are a plus!
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Activate Care, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military, and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Activate Care believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Company will not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.