Commodity Owner- LNG- UK, EU or Singapore
Sparta Commodities, a Venture-backed Scale-up with global subsidiaries, is revolutionizing the commodities industry through data-driven insights and analysis. As we accelerate our growth trajectory, we are seeking an innovative and forward-thinking Trader or Trading Analyst who can become the Owner of their Commodity vertical.
As a Commodity Owner, you will be the architect of new product development across the LNG space. The focus will be on demand-side economics and trade flow forecast. You will be the industry expert within Sparta and will provide the guidelines to both the CTO and Product Owners to develop the features and tools the traders need to make faster and better decisions. To do this, you will be assisted by consultants (ex-traders).
You will also be instrumental in the commercial side by assisting the sales team in product demos and roadshows. As the job title suggests, you will be owning the LNG space from start to finish and the company will provide all the tech, data science, marketing, and sales support you need. You will have direct access to traders and analysts around the world and your work will have a direct impact on their performance and decision-making.
Finally, you will write and publish research pieces describing your forward view of the market, based on the outcomes and findings of the Sparta set of tools you would have developed. The delivery of these research pieces will no longer be static on PDF files, but instead via slick and user-friendly web and mobile applications with built-in sensitivity analysis to enable meaningful and active dialogs with customers.
We expect a combination of strategic long-term vision coupled with a hands-on attitude with the ability to roll up your sleeves and execute solutions.
To set up and execute a strategic product roadmap for the LNG section that fits with Sparta’s growth ambitions to become the leading data and information platform for all LNG Traders and Analysts worldwide. You will be responsible for designing, creating, implementing, and owning the architecture and roadmap of Sparta’s product offering, as well as providing impactful research insights. All of which should attract at least 40 new users per year in the first 3 years from product launch.
Short-Term Execution: Design, create, and implement the architecture of the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for LNG trading tools needed and desired by traders and analysts within 150 days of the start date;
- Have ownership of the tool and ensure it is kept up to date with any changes in the market and fix any errors.
- Gathering traders’ and analysts’ pain points by conducting customer interviews.
- Use that feedback, and with the help of the product team, develop the features needed in the MVP.
- Collaborate with the data supply team to gather all the sources of data necessary to build the desired tools.
- Iterate with beta testers and consultants to ensure that our MVP represents a meaningful solution to the gathered pain points.
Commercial: Post MVP launch, collaborate with Sales, marketing, Product, and Management teams to ensure 40 new users per year for the next 3 years;
- Collaborate with the sales and Marketing team in product demos and roadshows.
- You will be in direct contact with traders and analysts to exchange market ideas and be Sparta’s face to the market.
- Become the focal point between sales, customers, management, and the product team to ensure the offered products meet customers’ needs and generate sales.
Long-term Planning: Prepare and plan the 3-5 year strategy for LNG trading tools suite of products by the end of year two;
- Collaborate and guide the data science team to extract meaningful insights and help guide the product team in building slick and user-friendly analytic tools based on the unique proprietary data sets we will be generating.
- Plan and strategize the next generation of LNG tools based on the long-term needs of customers.
- With the help of the Data Supply team, complement our existing data set with external sources of data to make our product offering more robust and with clearer insights.
Research and Analysis: Once the tools are built and the insights are generated, you will develop a unique short and mid-term research analysis that will focus on demand-side economics and only on leading indicators with a direct impact on trading positions.
- You and your team will leverage the unique insights and historical data sets resulting from the Sparta tools to provide short and mid-term market forecasts.
- Collaborate with the product team to ensure the delivery is not a static PDF but instead a user-friendly and dynamic web and mobile application that engages clients and allows for meaningful discussions.
- Be in direct contact with final customers to exchange market ideas and communicate your unique findings with the visual support of the Sparta set of tools.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be a driving force in a disruptive scale-up that is reshaping commodity trading data and analytics.
- A fast-paced, challenging, and enjoyable environment, collaborating with a dedicated team of accomplished colleagues.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus.
- 100% remote working.
- Attractive and hopefully life-changing company stock option plan.
- Training and education budget.
Sparta Commodities is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business, we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.