Client Success Strategist (Fully Remote – NA)
The Client Success Strategist plays a leading role in developing and managing client relationships, building client trust, and driving client value and success. This individual must be first and foremost a marketer. You will be the prime point of contact with our clients’ marketing leadership so you must be able to bring a deep knowledge of marketing and martech and understanding to lead the conversation.
This individual will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, managing and developing client accounts to initiate and maintain favorable relationships, leading the timely and successful delivery of client solutions, and liaising between clients and the rest of DemandLab’s high-performing team.
The Client Success Strategist will thrive in a fast-paced environment and take ownership of accounts, their career, and the entire team’s success. They bring bold, new ideas and strategies to the table for clients and find it easy to meet new people and push our teams and our clients in new directions.
Qualified applicants must possess a solid background in demand generation or marketing operations, with demonstrated expertise in Marketo and similar expertise in Salesforce. Experience with multiple platforms is a strong plus.
Client Management and Success
DemandLab Client Management uses a high-touch, high-intensity, dedicated model.
The successful candidate will combine in-depth knowledge of a client’s goals, business operations, industry knowledge, competitive landscape, and service initiatives with experience in sales and marketing strategies and technologies to meet or exceed the client’s overarching business objectives and financial goals. This includes:
- Manage customer engagements through optimizing monthly retainers and priority setting of work, customer accomplishments and customer renewals.
- Uncovering opportunities that will benefit both the Client and DemandLab
- Negotiating consensus within our client’s business around digital strategic vision as well as key areas of focus, and creating from this vision a pragmatic roadmap to execution
- Becoming a trusted advisor for driving innovative strategies forward with customers
- Improving overall business performance and recognition within the client’s organization
- Defining scope and planning new solutions for clients
- Finding the best match between the client and the technical team based on client needs, and personality
- Working with technical leads to translate stated and unstated client needs into technical projects or tasks
- Estimating resources and timelines for delivery including coordinating with project management and technical teams to create an execution roadmap, identify resources, highlight dependencies, determine milestones, and set burn down targets (mechanisms to identify over-delivery, excess time spent, scope creep, misestimated work)
The Client Success Strategist is an innovator, a trendsetter, a both-side-of-the-brain thinker who can connect customer journey best practices, technology, and data to all other aspects of a client’s business to drive growth opportunities. This include:
- Taking ambiguous/complex challenges and—using research, personal experience, business assessment capabilities, and customer experience acumen—clearly define problems, identify opportunities, drive innovative new ideas, and recommend an actionable, prioritized, pragmatic roadmap to make a big impact on customer needs/goals
- Bringing rigor to a client’s decision-making process by performing detailed cost/benefit analysis, running working sessions, presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders
- Developing new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement
- Determining how to measure business results, modeling current/future business processes, gathering business requirements, and identifying the organizational changes required to successfully realize the benefits of the solution
Successful team members in this role must meet the following experience, qualifications, and education criteria:
- Ability to successfully define outcomes, manage expectations, manage cross-functional initiatives and meet deadlines based on project requirements
- Demonstrated history of building relationships, establishing and proving credibility, and partnering with business leaders and peers
- Able to facilitate discussions of technical matters with a non-technical audience
- Experience in demand generation, customer engagement, digital marketing, and communications strategies and tactics
- Experience in data hygiene and marketing and sales analytics
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (both instructional and informational business writing)
- Analytical, with an ability to synthesize information quickly
- Organized, with a demonstrable history of fanatical attention to detail to ensure work is performed accurately, completely and meets or exceeds the client’s expectations
- Industrious, motivated, resourceful, and creative
- Quick learner who goes the extra mile to meet or exceed internal professional development requirements
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associate degree (2 years) or higher in Marketing or Technology related field of study
- 7+ years of marketing/demand generation experience
- 4+ years Marketo, Eloqua, or other relevant marketing automation platform experience
- 4+ years of either Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics experience
- 4+ years relevant marketing data analysis experience
DemandLab is a leading marketing consultancy company, championing the cause of integrated, end-to-end, automated marketing, and sales since 2009. Our global, award-winning team accelerates success with advanced expertise in marketing, sales, and service, supporting technologies, strategy, process, and execution.
We’re doing big things for big-name clients, and we are growing fast. After a decade of leveraging the power of technologies for marketing automation, customer relationship management, content creation, and data visualization in North America, we have opened our first European office in Budapest, Hungary. If you’re ready to reach for the next challenge in an ambitious, multidisciplinary team, making a name for itself in the emerging field of marketing technology, we want to hear from you.
When you join us, you can expect to receive great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Funding for personal and professional development
- Collaborating with senior marketing professionals with years of experience pushing the envelope
- Continuing education opportunities (internal mentoring and training)
- Flexible work environment