Reserv is an insurtech creating and incubating cutting-edge AI and automation technology to bring efficiency and simplicity to claims. Founded by insurtech veterans with deep experience in SaaS and digital claims, Reserv is venture-backed by Bain Capital and Altai Ventures and began operations in May 2022. We are focused on automating highly manual tasks to tackle long-standing problems in claims and set a new standard for TPAs, insurance technology providers, and adjusters alike.
We have ambitious (but attainable!) goals and need adjusters who can work in an evolving environment. If building a leading TPA and the prospect of tackling the long-standing challenges of the claims role sounds exciting, we can’t wait to meet you.
About the role
As a Claims Manager at Reserv, you will be responsible for a team of claims professionals managing claims in multiple LOBs. We want your background and experience to deliver operational effectiveness, particularly in leveraging technology and analytics to drive better efficiencies and performance. You will serve a critical role with the team, the customers, and the client. The high-performing team you will manage will service several clients as part of our Core Team. You will maintain high quality standards, and compliance with regulatory, internal, and external contractual SLAs. This position requires exceptional leadership skills, and foundational understanding of claims ideally with experience handling and/or managing multi lines of business.
Who you are
- Highly motivated and growth-oriented
- Subject matter expert. You have deep technical and subject matter experience in the world of commercial transportation claims, including coverage and litigation. Experienced in reviewing and analyzing contracts
- Tech-oriented. You are excited by the prospect of building a tech-driven claims organization while delivering an excellent service and have proven results leveraging technology and analytics
- Passionate claims professional who cares about their team, the customer, and their experience
- Empathetic leader. You exercise empathy and patience towards everyone you interact with
- Sense of urgency – at all times. That does not mean working at all hours
- Creative. You challenge existing assumptions and find ways of leveraging technology and the talents of your team to address problems
- Curious. You want to know the whole story so you can make the right decisions early and be decisive when it counts.
- Problem solver. You have the ability to take a ‘deep dive’ into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture
- Anti-status quo. You don’t just wish things were done differently, you action on it
- Communicative. You are comfortable with and understand the importance of phone communications throughout the claims process
- And did we mention, a sense of humor. Claims are hard enough as it is.
What we need
We need you to do all the things typical to the role:
- Manage a team of adjuster managing a mix of accounts and lines of business including general liability, commercial property, and others
- Be consistently dependable in achieving or exceeding goals and overcoming obstacles
- Implement and maintain best practices for claims handling, including: claim intake, investigation, evaluation, settlement, and recovery
- Monitor and analyze claims data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for process improvement
- Align team with client and customer expectations of the claims process
- Serve as a resource for escalated claims
- Responsible for accuracy and adequacy of all aspects of claim reserving
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate fraudulent claims and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Foster a positive work environment, promote teamwork, and encourage professional growth and development
- Execute on performance management; attract, hire, retain and provide high level of training
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as Account Management, Compliance, and Claim Operations, to resolve complex or escalated claims-related issues
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, including policyholders, agents, brokers, and legal representatives
- Prepare and present comprehensive claims reports, metrics, and analysis to clients and customers; advise clients on claim trends and loss mitigation
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business administration, or a related field; relevant certifications (e.g., CPCU, AIC) are a plus
- 10+ years in insurance claims management experience in multiple lines of business, preference for property, general liability and/or auto with bodily injury experience
- 5+ years management experience with preference for experience managing in a remote environment
- Comfortable with technology and the ability to evolve the claims systems and processes to drive better efficiencies and outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Integrity, ethics, and a strong sense of accountability in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Generous health-insurance package with nationwide coverage, vision, & dental
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Competitive PTO policy – we want our employees fresh, healthy, happy, and energized!
- Generous family leave policy
- Work from anywhere to facilitate your work life balance paired with frequent, regular corporate retreats to build team cohesion, reinforce culture, and have fun
- Apple laptop, large second monitor, and other quality-of-life equipment you may want. Technology is something that should make your life easier, not harder!
Additionally, we will
- Listen to your feedback to enhance and improve upon the long-standing challenges of an adjuster and the claims role
- Work toward reducing and eliminating all the administrative work from an adjuster role
- Foster a culture of empathy, transparency, and empowerment in a remote-first environment
At Reserv, we value diversity and believe that a variety of perspectives leads to innovation and success. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring unique perspectives and experiences to our team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you believe you are a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you!