C++ Software Developer
At DotActiv, we pride ourselves on providing the South African retail market with high-quality category management software and advisory services aimed at making in-store shopping an all-round better experience. C++ software developers at DotActiv utilise a technology stack that includes the MFC Framework to deliver a standalone application solution which interacts with a Microsoft SQL or PostgreSQL database. We also utilise git and bitbucket to handle our source code.
• Translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications;
• Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code;
• Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications;
• Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems; and
• Maintaining code quality, organisation, and automatisation.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant development experience and expertise in an IT development environment
- Grade 12 as per the national senior certificate requirements (Umalusi endorsed and must include higher grade Mathematics with a minimum of 70%);
- A relevant IT certification by a recognised and acknowledged issuing authority. For example, A+, N+, MCSE, MCP, MCT, VCP, VCSP and more;
- Proficient in C++, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Skill for writing reusable C++ libraries;
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server (PostgreSQL would be advantageous);
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git)
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM DOTACTIV:
- You’ll receive a Cost to Company of between R30k and R35k, depending on your qualifications and experience;
- This is a remote-working position, which allows you the flexibility to be based anywhere in South Africa.
- You’ll have a say over product decisions. Read this piece for more information
- You’ll have a chance to upskill yourself in any field that adds value to your current position;