Business Intelligence Engineer
Location: UK or Europe (100% remote role)
Working hours: We ideally seek someone who can work from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM GMT. However, we are willing to accommodate a flexible variation of GMT hours by 1-3 hours maximum.
Midnite is a next-generation betting platform that is built for today’s fandom. We are a collective of engineers and designers who all share a passion for sports and gaming. We exist to bring fans closer to the games they love through the rush of winning money.
Unlike the alternatives, Midnite doesn’t feel like a website built two decades ago. Instead, it’s a cutting-edge creation, designed and constructed from the ground up with the latest technologies. Crafting an experience that’s truly intuitive, immersive, and immediately understandable is no walk in the park, but we thrive on the challenge. We believe we’re on the brink of creating something truly awesome.
About the team
Our Data team, which Todd currently leads, primarily aims to empower Midnite by offering self-service tools and ad hoc analytics, making insights from our data more visible and accessible.
We’re seeking a team member to strengthen our analytics capabilities and continuously improve our Looker environment. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with stakeholders to develop and maintain self-service tools in Looker powered by dbt, addressing their reporting and analytics requirements effectively.
- Empower critical decision-making across Midnite by crafting analytical tools that enable our users to explore data and uncover insights independently.
- Train and assist business users on how to explore data and self-serve data in Looker.
- Assist with the development of performant and fully tested dbt models in our data warehouse.
- Optimise the performance of Looker models for efficient reporting.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand and translate their business requirements into reporting and analytics solutions.
- Design compelling dashboards which allow users to quickly uncover key insights.
- Utilise a strong grasp of data modelling principles to collaborate with Data Engineering in designing, scaling, and maintaining our data warehouse, ensuring clean, accurate, and robust datasets for reporting and analytics.
- Become an expert on Midnite’s data, key business metrics, and performance-influencing factors.
- Contribute to Midnite’s data architecture, which encompasses Dagster, dbt, Looker, Iceberg and Redshift.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business intelligence engineering or related fields within data and analytics.
- Proficiency in data modelling and development utilising advanced LookML in Looker.
- Proficient in working with dbt.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL.
- Solid comprehension of modern data modelling processes and methodologies.
- Expertise in data visualisation and adherence to dashboard design principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with Looker’s security and administrative functionalities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- High attention to detail and commitment to code and data quality.
Working with us
- You’ll have a key role in which you’ll be integral to our team culture and help shape the direction.
- Enjoy 25 paid holidays a year, and take advantage of our paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave for life’s important moments.