Business Development Representative (BDR)
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
You’ll be responsible for qualifying leads and contacting potential customers through a variety of cold outreach. Throughout your conversations, you will detect customer pain points, understand their context and how we can help them. Business Development Representatives play a key role in our growth by producing qualified sales opportunities. MariaDB has a consistent track record of promoting BDRs, and we are looking for candidates who are excited about advancing their sales careers by revolutionizing the way data is stored and accessed.
What you’ll do:
- Identify high-potential businesses that would be a good fit to work with MariaDB
- Develop territory with outbound (“cold”) prospecting
- Follow up with, qualify, and develop inbound leads via phone, email, and social media
- Work with the Sales and Marketing team to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge
- Schedule sales discovery calls with prospective clients and MariaDB Account Executives
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meetings for the Sales team
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Exceed monthly and quarterly opportunity quota
- Build strong relationships with our marketing team and Account Executives, where we pull together to maximize the win for our business
- Invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and Salesloft
What You’ll Need:
- 1-3 years years of B2B Business Development experience
- BA/BS degree
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Be a self-starter with a track record of hitting and exceeding goals
- Time management skills and ability to work either independently or through coaching
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn new and exciting IT software products, as well as, understand business critical solutions quickly
Location: Remote – USA in Austin, Chicago, Boston, Denver, DC or NYC
The annual anticipated National U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $52,500 – $70,000 USD. This is an hourly role; $52,500 – $70,000 USD equals a $25-$35 hourly range
Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies.
In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than the job description as posted. Salary is one component of MariaDB’s total rewards package, we also offer health insurance, life, and disability insurance, funds toward professional development resources, Flexible Paid Time Off (FPTO), paid holidays, and parental leave, just to name a few!
Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, Flexible Paid Time Off (plus holidays), a massive degree of flexibility, freedom, and more.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV through our ATS Greenhouse.
- MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
- MariaDB is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
- MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without a prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
- MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer