Business Development Manager – Asia-Pacific Region
Full-time, permanent position based in the Asia-Pacific region (remote and/or office).
Salary: $95,000 – $105,000 AUD plus super (depending on experience) plus profit share.
Industry: Software for Medical and Education
Application window: Open until 1st March 2024
The Business Development Manager role requires excellent, proactive communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills. You’ll be an essential liaison point with existing and potential customers and able to promote the benefits of our SaaS solutions in the education and medical arenas across the Asia-Pacific region. You will be interacting with colleagues across the globe. With an energetic, hands-on approach and high levels of engagement across internal and external stakeholders, you will build a deep understanding of the prospect/customer and their user community. The role involves understanding new business opportunities in existing or new markets and translating the key challenges and requirements into tangible, value-based, commercially attractive solutions. Your primary task will be proactively building a pipeline of opportunities, growing business across prospective and existing customers, and building close relationships with key stakeholders.
Our software and services help institutions, such as Universities, Specialist Medical Colleges and regulatory bodies, achieve digital transformation of their assessment processes (written and clinical exams, workplace-based assessments, etc).
- At least 3 years experience as a Business Development Manager – ideally in higher education or health professional education.
- Demonstrable experience building networks in higher education or health professional education would be an additional advantage.
- Proven commercial understanding and know-how. This attribute is vital to this role. We can support you, but we encourage autonomy in our teams.
- Knowledge of the Asia-Pacific education and business landscape, trends, challenges, opportunities and buying style.
- Ability to proactively establish, build and nurture relationships, engaging with customers and prospective stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of prospective and existing customer high-level strategy/objectives.
- Skills to build a pipeline of qualified opportunities and to continuously identify and develop areas to campaign or build strategic growth plans.
- The ability to take a “same-side” approach to sales and relationship building is vital to this role.
- Build strong relationships with higher education and health professional education institutions. Be the ‘go-to’ person for understanding their needs and aspirations.
- Maintain contemporary SaaS product and costing knowledge and work closely with the regional team to share information on the needs of potential customers with the team at risr/.
- Provide exemplary collaboration throughout the sales process and the continuation of customer onboarding.
- Be the driving force in identifying and creating opportunities.
- Clearly articulate the unique functionality and benefits of our SaaS solutions. Whether in a meeting or over a coffee, your communication skills should leave prospects saying, “Tell me more!”
- It’s not always exciting, but logging, maintaining and progressing leads opportunities. This activity is critical to helping our teams succeed and identifying where to focus energies and resources.
- Owning the Sales opportunities through to closure, order placement and commercial agreement.
- Input into the Sales direction, proposals, and client analysis and facilitate the production of high-quality, well-written and detailed responses to bid requirements.
- Monitor Sales metrics, including quarterly sales performance, opportunities and 12-month rolling forecasts.
- Input into marketing messaging, content and direction.
- Build and maintain close relationships with your colleagues and team to work within a self-managed, autonomous team.
Who are we looking for:
- Cultural fit – At risr/ we have no line managers, we operate with a self-managed culture, and the applicant should be comfortable adopting this approach. The nature of our self-managed culture means that it’s not for everyone. Our cultural principles include having a proactive, can-do attitude that is both positive and enthusiastic. We’re not fans of waiting around and lots of bureaucracy. If you see an opportunity, go for it!
- Technical skills – Aptitude to quickly develop a good understanding of the risr/ product and service range and translate customer challenges into value-based solutions.
- Problem-solving skills – Problem-solving skills are essential, as is the capability to devise commercial, technical, and creative solutions with other team members.
- Communication skills – effective communication and expectation setting with clear, concise and consistent communication are massive parts of the role internally and externally.
- Time management – excellent time management skills, self-starting and being proactive are key when dealing simultaneously with multiple customers.
- Team collaboration – work effectively and collaboratively with other customer success team members, such as sales/marketing, delivery and development colleagues, to resolve customer challenges and feedback on market direction and ensure a seamless and effective customer journey from sales through onboarding to established customer status.
At risr/, our mission is to provide technology to enable every ambition.
Our platform enables doctors, dentists, nurses and all health professionals to apply and pay (if applicable) for exams, be assessed effectively, and advance through their training programmes so that they can ultimately provide high-quality patient care and promote health.
Our software and services help institutions, such as Awarding Bodies, Universities and Postgraduate Specialty Medical Colleges, to achieve digital transformation of assessment processes. Examples of assessments we support include written and practical/clinical exams and workplace-based assessments.
We are growing rapidly in international markets in Australia, Canada, Singapore, Ireland and beyond. For example, over 60% of doctors in the UK are assessed using our products. In Australia, we are working with almost 40% of medical schools and are growing significantly in this region since establishing a local team in 2021.
What you can expect at risr/
We like to keep things brutally simple, are natural-born collaborators, are hungry for innovation, and always strive to do the right things – even if it’s harder or requires us to go the extra mile.
We are rapidly growing globally at risr/ and therefore, due to the nature of our work and having teams based in multiple time zones, the successful applicant may occasionally be required to work outside regular office hours, in the evening or on the weekend. We are careful to ensure that team members are not required to do this regularly, and with our flexible working arrangements, our team can manage their regular working time around any out-of-hours work that may be required. We also use technology and look for flexible methods to communicate asynchronously to avoid unnecessary calls on team members out of office hours.
Our people enjoy a very high level of trust, autonomy, flexibility and transparency, including:
- Work from home and/or at one of our offices (or set one up near your home). Our current and potential customer base extends across the Asia-Pacific Region whilst our team is based in AEST / AEDT and NZST / NZDT time zones. You can be based anywhere in the APac region, which will enable you to work effectively with our customer base and team members.
- Freedom to choose your equipment and training as you see fit.
- Freedom from much of the corporate bureaucracy which slows people down and stops them from giving their best.
- Access to open-book finances: everyone in the company knows our income, outgoings, what we have in the bank and everyone’s salary.
- A generous salary, benefits package (including enhanced parental leave policies based on length of service) and participation in profit share.
- £1,200 (equivalent in local currency) per annum Health and Wellbeing Allowance.
- risr/ pay for your internet
- risr/ pay for mobile phone and contract
- risr/ provides truly flexible working and autonomy
- risr/ allows you to set your working routine to suit you based around your role and team
- risr/ has no defined maximum holiday allowance – you are free to manage your own time
- Participation in risr/ profit share. 25% of the profits risr/ makes is split equally between the risr/ employees
Come and join us – we promise you won’t have worked for a company quite like it!
risr/ is an equal opportunities employer, and we do not exclude people on the grounds of sex, gender preference or reassignment, pregnancy, parental status, race, marital / relationship status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation