Business Development Manager
Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger!
We’re already backed by some of the Valley’s leading venture capitalists, including The Chainsmokers, Origin Ventures, and Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we’re still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager at Burq, you will lead one of our business verticals and work closely with co-founders, sales, and technical teams to grow that business. As an expert in your vertical, you will research the industry and help Burq achieve product-market fit while building the go-to-market strategy. The BDM will be hands-on at making the initial sales and determining the ideal customer profile, before documenting the playbook and building out a team of sales executives to scale the business.
This role is a great fit for strategic sales professionals who want to have an immediate impact at a fast-growing, early-stage startup, and are keen on growing their careers in sales as they grow a tech business.
What You’ll Do
- Co-lead business growth in targeted vertical, working closely with product manager co-leader, senior team, sales and customer-facing teams
- Responsible for customer acquisition and revenue growth of the vertical
- Develop a strong understanding of the white space within the industry and identify opportunities where Burq can be uniquely positioned to add value
- Own the sales process start-to-finish, from lead generation to prospecting to closing new business; define best practices and document the sales playbook
- Inform the product roadmap with the key features that will be needed to achieve Product <> Market Fit (PMF) in target vertical
- Identify the ideal customer profile for your vertical and build the go-to-market (GTM) strategy to expedite sales efforts to those customers
- Partner with marketing teams to create sales collateral and build campaigns to maximize the top of funnel
- Define success metrics and analyze sales data, tweaking the vertical strategy as necessary to grow the business
- Become an expert on competitors’ products, and how our product stacks up
- Eventually, design and hire a sales team to scale the vertical
- Provide our customers with the best experience possible!
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of tech company experience in a strategic sales or business development role
- Demonstrated success at closing deals strategic in nature with c-suite decision makers
- Master of the sales process, from relationship-building to negotiation
- Past experience building out new business verticals or bringing new products to market
- Deep understanding of and experience working within the restaurant technology industry a plus
- Data-oriented and comfortable analyzing sales metrics to measure and track success
- Strategic thinker who can create both a high-level and long-term vision and also the bottoms-up plan to get there
- Have a go-getter attitude and thrive in the startup environment – you are not shy to move quickly at experimenting with new concepts and using data to validate success
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Skilled listener with excellent verbal and written communications
About the Team
Owners: We hire a smaller number of high-quality, talented individuals and trust their judgment.
Builders: We are a young startup, which means there is an endless amount of opportunity to build! We value transparency and cross-collaboration when trying out new strategies, testing new ideas, and giving/receiving feedback.
Velocity: We move fast and with intention. We believe in transparency across our team in order to maintain our velocity and ensure we are not losing focus on the company. mission and vision
Long-Term Thinking: As a startup, there are endless opportunities that we can tackle in our industry. To ensure we effectively scale and continue to be a market leader, we keep our team focused on our critical initiatives, and provide every team member with full-autonomy over their work in order to meet our long-term goals.
Benefits: We believe in investing heavily in our employees, and provide the below benefits to our team members:
- Competitive compensation packages, including salary and equity options
- Remote-First work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Generous PTO
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At Burq, we value diversity and take providing our diverse workforce with an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.