Business Development Manager
LendingOne is a direct private lender for Real Estate professionals headquartered in Boca Raton, FL with an additional office in Charlotte, NC. LendingOne made the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America in 2019. Along with being rated one of the Top Workplaces in 2022 and 2023 by Sun Sentinel!
We specialize in providing business-purpose mortgage loans for non-owner-occupied investment properties. We offer fix/flip bridge loans and long-term rental financing. Not a broker nor a bank, but a fully funded lending partner that can close consistently. LendingOne and its affiliates have extensive real estate experience and have provided over $4 Billion in real estate capital.
At LendingOne, we view our people as the backbone of our success. We hire for character and ambition and believe in providing a platform to our employees that cultivates an environment of mutual trust, respect, and benefit.
**This is a Full-Time opportunity working remotely**
We are looking for talented and competitive sales professionals with consultative direct sales and wholesale experience that thrive in a fast-paced environment. Business Development Managers (BDM’s) build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business. BDM’s market to both direct investors and brokers and are responsible for assessing the client’s investment strategies, and proposing the correct lending solution. The BDM should be able to complete a general analysis of the borrower’s experience, income and credit worthiness. Based on the borrower’s qualifications, and the property details, the BDM should be able to advise the borrower on LendingOne financial products. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of residential real estate investing, has a strong sense of urgency, takes independent initiative, and possess a competitive drive to get things done. Exhibiting natural enthusiasm while working with and through people in the process, is a critical characteristic of a successful BDM. This person will manage their territory by sourcing new customers and being visible as a product expert in their market.
Semi-frequent visits to our Headquarters office in Boca Raton, FL may be necessary.
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following list of qualifications and responsibilities is not all inclusive, as each employee is expected to be a team player and may be assigned other tasks as necessary. This is meant to serve as an overview of the position description:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial/residential mortgage lending, preferably in the direct Business Purpose Lending (BPL) space
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently while remaining a team player
- Ability to build an independent business plan, securing new business and managing repeat relationships
- Strong business to business sales experience, customer service, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, comfortable in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Superb organizational and time management skills to balance workload and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, high energy, and persistence
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction in assigned geographical territory, a focus in your regional area is preferred, however no geographic limitations exist
- Perform at a high level in a remote environment by facilitating the application process, overcoming objections and educating customers
- New revenue opportunities are effectively developed with investors, brokers, and other potential business alliances
- Promote LendingOne’s products and services by addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Act as a consultant to borrowers/Clients, including educating borrowers on LendingOne products and services, collecting, and analyzing borrowers’ assets and investments, and advising borrowers regarding the advantages and disadvantages of LendingOne financial products.
- Guiding borrowers through the investment process, including counseling borrowers on how to become qualified to do business with LendingOne.
- Cultivating meaningful relationships with LendingOne borrowers, offering excellent service, and securing repeat business.
- Screening potential business deals in order to protect LendingOne’s assets as well as the assets of LendingOne capital investors by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements/ potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending quality products and services to new and existing clients.
- Developing long-term relationships with retail and wholesale specialists by examining risks and potential in recommended deals, and by estimating customers’ needs and goals.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customers’ needs and objectives.
- Communicating clearly with internal and external stakeholders in reference to progress, timelines, and stipulations.
- Ensuring proper collection of required documents and closing schedules.
- Working closely and collaboratively with operations team during the closing process
- Closing new business by contacting potential partners in a lead generated environment.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Training and career development with growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Company matching 401(k) Plan
- Casual work environment
LendingOne is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.