Business Development Manager
At Compass, our people are united by a common purpose to make the school day more productive, more impactful and more enjoyable. We’re a global provider of School Management Information Systems (MIS) and already support over 2,000 schools across Australia, Ireland and the UK.
We’ve just embarked on an exciting journey of growth and are looking for passionate people to join us for the ride.
We want thinkers and problem solvers, who celebrate diversity and thrive in a collaborative team environment to join us and help us transform the lives of teachers, students, and parents all over the world. You’ll work as part of a fun, hardworking team who takes ownership of their work and loves to celebrate successfully delivering wins for our customers and for Compass.
About the Role
Reporting to our Head of Sales – UK & IE, you will be responsible for delivering growth to our revenue & client base in the UK by establishing & managing sales relationships with school leadership, admin teams and teachers to drive adoption of Compass across multiple market segments, as well as helping to identify and manage sales relationships with partners.
You will deliver demonstrations of our product in person and online, and handle queries, stakeholder concerns and product configuration questions arising during the sales process.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with the Lead Business Development Manager to generate and nurture a portfolio of strategic partner schools, supporting the creation and delivery of annual account planning for these schools.
- Generate and progress upsell opportunities, including integrated hardware.
- Maintain accurate sales records in the CRM platform to ensure up to date information regarding pipeline, forecasts and opportunities at any stage of the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with the Onboarding and Customer Success Team, to ensure a successful handover of information and facilitate a smooth commencement of the onboarding process.
- Become an expert in the Compass Product and participate in regular training & informational sessions to ensure consistent and up-to-date knowledge on all Compass features and functions.
- Deliver demonstrations of Compass in person and remotely, and handle queries, stakeholder concerns and product configuration questions arising during the sales process.
- Support and attend local and national marketing events (e.g. BETT)
- Collaborate with the Product Team to successfully convey customer requirements form needs gathering sessions and implement any product changes/enhancements necessary to address priority customer issues.
We are looking for a passionate Business Development Manager to join our Growth team in the UK, ideally located in the North of England.
- Have sound knowledge of the UK education sector, ideally with an understanding of and experience in working within EdTech/MIS systems/SaaS.
- Have a true passion for putting customers first and delivering a consultative approach to sales.
- Showcase resilience and tenacity, being readily able to deal with objections, challenges and set-backs.
- Have exemplary presentation and verbal communication skills – you are a great listener and creative problem solver
- Have the ability to build relationships and rapport quickly and effectively across a wide range of stakeholder and personalities.
- Be commercially astute with the ability to generate commercial proposals that balance the needs of the customer and the needs of the business.
- Hold sound knowledge of CRM systems.
- Have the ability to work autonomously but also work well within a team environment
What’s in it for you?
- Meaningful work in a rewarding industry that allows you to contribute to a mission that you believe in.
- Flexible working culture – hybrid working environment.
- Learning & Development opportunities – we want you to grow and get the most our of your role!
It is a really exciting time to join Compass. We are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us.
Compass is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for all employees.
Prior to commencing employment, you will require:
- A verification of unrestricted working rights in the UK (eg. citizenship, passport, or birth certificate).
Salary Range: £45K – £50K