5+ Years of Business Analyst Experience with Software Development Projects
In this role, you will primarily serve as a Business Analyst on a team developing a major application in support of our state government client using the Agile development methodology. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client on a day-to-day basis. The ability to be flexible is important as client requirements can shift. Be eager to learn client business in-depth and act as a subject matter expert (SME) for the development team. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys leading/driving business system requirements, facilitating grooming sessions, and taking ownership of the system’s functionality.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under minimal direction, perform as the single Business Analyst as part of a large agile development team involved in the development of a mission-critical application. Take ownership for business needs discovery and documentation with a proactive mindset.
- Capture detailed business requirements, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria in JIRA
- Work with Product Owner/System Owner, Development, UX/UI, QA team, and Subject Matter Experts to ensure alignment and proper interpretation of complex functional requirements.
- Ensure end-to-end requirements traceability, mapping user stories to software test cases, applicable business processes, wireframes, and UX comps.
- Leverage strong written and verbal communication skills to drive requirements sessions in a large setting including Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Project Manager, Architect, Team Leads, and client personnel.
- Collaborate with team members, share knowledge, and continuously improve business analysis efforts, identify and close gaps.
- Document functional specifications, traceability matrices, process flow diagrams, wireframes, meeting agenda, meeting minutes, and other supporting artifacts.
- Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Grooming, Review, and Retrospective sessions, and give application demo to the Product Owners/Subject Matter Experts.
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager and Product Owner to support emerging client needs.
- 5+ years of experience in documenting business and functional requirements
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment, with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate User Stories and Conditions of Satisfaction to development teams
- Web-based software development experience involving complex workflows.
- Experience working with large size teams consisting of multiple Scrum teams
- Demonstrated ability to elicit, create, and analyze functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience organizing and maintaining Product and Sprint backlogs
- Experience presenting detailed summaries of progress and updates
- Ability to facilitate and drive group discussions to build a shared understanding of software requirements
- Ability to foster solid working relationships with senior-level management and subject matter experts within the team and client organization
- Experience working within teams that include remote team members
- Propensity to mentor staff on functional expertise and provide peer reviews of deliverables for other product lines
- Confident in requirement knowledge to help lead change and implement new strategies company-wide
- Ability to work independently and in an awesome team setting
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Balsamiq tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a basic government background check
- 2+ years government contracting experience
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to client stakeholders and deliver training
- Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Active CSM, SMC, or SAFe Certification is preferred but not required.
- Work location is remote with the potential of infrequent travel to the Midwest area
- US Citizen or individual with authorization to work in the U.S. (No C2C; sponsorship of individuals is not feasible)
- Background and credit check is necessary
ARETUM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
ARETUM utilizes e-Verify to check employment authorization.