At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise!
Avakin Life is one of the Worlds largest and most populous metaverses, providing a full and immersive 3D life simulation experience for our millions of players.
We are seeking an awesome Build Engineer to maintain and develop our automated and scripted build and release systems. Working to a continuous release cycle, this is a great chance for a passionate engineer to get involved in the development of a 24/7 title with millions of users. Youll also deliver builds and content to app stores and CDNs, working closely with other departments and stakeholders to ensure the continued growth and success of Avakin Life.
With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re passionate about shaping the future of online communities and products, then this role could be for you! We are able to offer this position as a fully remote role however please note, occasional attendance in our UK (Nottingham or Cambridge) or Portugal (Lisbon) offices may be required.
- Design, develop and operate client and game content build systems to support games delivery, deployment, and development
- Work closely with Client Developers, Artists, Content and Publishing teams to ensure a full functioning and highly available set of build pipelines
- Ensure the operational excellence, high availability, and resilience of the implemented build systems by adopting best-practice, scalability, and reliability designs for on premise or cloud hosting
- Troubleshoot issues with build agents and build jobs
- Documentation of the developed build systems and practices
- Professional experience in designing, implementing and operating build systems for mobile games (preferably Unity3D Engine games) in multiple platforms (OSX, IOS, Android, PC)
- Skilled professional experience designing build pipelines using build frameworks (Jenkins Pipelines, GitHub Actions, TeamCity etc.)
- Good Experience administrating Jenkins
- Good programming skills for jobs automation and scripting (e.g., Unity3D C#, Python, Bash)
- Experience administrating operating systems related with Build Systems (Linux, Windows, MacOS) environment
- Experienced in both troubleshooting and identifying optimisation opportunities for build system hosts
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably Perforce, SVN and Git)
- Effective communication skills and enjoys sharing knowledge and collaborating with others
- Experience working with Public Clouds (e.g.: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience developing and supporting build systems in containerized solutions
- Experience with Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Packer