Bookkeeper for Remote Accounting Firm
At Strategic Financial Reporting, Inc. (SFR), our mission is to provide clients with superior personalized bookkeeping, tax, accounting, and consulting services by implementing practical solutions for our clients’ diverse needs. Bookkeepers that work for SFR are entitled to create their Perfect Job Position. As a bookkeeper, you will have the right to change your schedule, number of assigned clients, and other duties so that we can ensure you are always working your Perfect Position. We are looking to hire an ambitious bookkeeper and great communicator who wants to work full-time and support small to mid-size businesses.
The bookkeeper would use their expertise to remotely assist small businesses with their monthly, weekly, or daily bookkeeping needs so that the client can focus on running their business. They will manage day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters per the client’s bookkeeping engagement. They will complete bookkeeping tasks per the specific client’s business needs for support.
Client Bookkeeping – Main Responsibilities:
These tasks vary depending on the client and their individual needs for bookkeeping services. Possible tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide exceptional bookkeeping services to your clients via QuickBooks Online.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices.
- Meet with your clients via virtual meetings as needed to answer questions and support their business ventures.
- Close the books monthly & send monthly email reports of work to date to the client.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage bookkeeping & accounting journal entries.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Create the company’s financial statements to prepare for analysis and annual tax preparation.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Process payroll per client needs (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc).
- Provide clerical and administrative support as requested.
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets.
- Ensure that the client is compliant with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Support client onboarding process for all assigned client engagements in accordance with defined processes.
As a fully remote telecommuting position, communication is one of the most important and valued skills at Strategic Financial Reporting, Inc. All team members are expected to communicate powerfully in all aspects of client support and internal services.
- Identify and recommend to your manager and the administrative team areas where we may be able to provide additional services or tools to improve client value and efficiency.
- Collaborate with your manager, the administrative team, and the tax preparation team to ensure all clients are satisfied with our services through timely and effective communication, delivery on deadlines, and stellar bookkeeping support.
- SFR values growth and shared learning. You are encouraged to continue your education and training to ensure you stay up to date with the latest changes. All employees are expected to share what skills and training upon completion of the course.
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with your supervisor ensure that you and your supervisor are on the same page and allow us to guarantee that you continue to work your Perfect Position.
These are the ten core values that Strategic Financial Reporting team members live by:
- Do What You Say You are Going to Do.
- Increase Your Quality of Life. Work Smart- Do More With Less.
- Be Passionate and Determined. Love What You Do or Don’t Do It.
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded.
- Pursue Growth and Learning.
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Effective Communication. Over-Communication Trumps No-Communication.
- Build a Positive Team, Family Spirit and Laugh Every Day.
- Leverage New and Innovative Technologies.
- Propose Solutions to All Problems
- Always Do Your Best.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to provide detailed bookkeeping and accounting support.
- QuickBooks Online Certification
- 3+ years of experience using QuickBooks for/in a professional organization.
- Familiar with Outlook and Office 365 Online Suite (Outlook Online, Microsoft ToDo, Microsoft Teams Meetings, and SharePoint/OneDrive).
- Able to communicate powerfully, clearly, and professionally – both orally and in writing.
- A passion for and a sense of personal satisfaction in assisting clients and ensuring that they are successful in running their small businesses.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technologies, and a willingness to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
- Efficient with deadlines
- Willingness to build strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and shared learning and training.
- Dedicated office space with a reliable, high-speed internet connection.
- Capacity and commitment to work 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or another equivalent degree.
- Fully Set up to work remotely
- QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification
- Willing to take and make phone calls as needed when urgent contact with a client is necessary to complete their requested bookkeeping tasks.
- Work from Home
- Flexible schedule – build the schedule that works best for you.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan (after 1 year)
- Paid Time Off
- Monthly meetings with a Life Coach
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement