Bilingual Continuous Care Coach (English/Spanish)
About Lumata Health: Blindness is a devastating—but largely preventable—consequence of poorly managed chronic eye diseases like glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and age-related macular degeneration. The prevalence of these debilitating diseases is expected to double between 2020 and 2050, outpacing the capacity of providers and contributing to the rising cost of eye disorders in the US, which already exceeds $99B in direct medical costs annually. In over 95% of cases, disease progression can be slowed or stopped; preserving vision and extending healthspan. But it requires tailored, timely, intelligent patient engagement throughout the patient’s lifelong care journey.
Lumata Health is leading the way in leveraging data-driven virtual care management to address this large and rapidly growing problem. Built with $2M in funding support from the National Eye Institute, Lumata Health’s Intelligent Engagement Platform maximizes the impact of multichannel, personalized engagement by our team of JCAHPO-certified ophthalmic care coordinators. Lumata takes a holistic approach to care—combining behavioral and psychosocial information with clinical data to create tailored, high-impact touchpoints. In addition to promoting compliance, we help patients with things like financial assistance programs, prescriptions and refills, insurance issues, transportation to visits, understanding their disease and care plan, and coordinating care with other providers.
With direct medical record access to hundreds of thousands of patients with vision-threatening chronic eye diseases and partnerships with over 800 eye care specialists in 32 states, Lumata Health is driving better outcomes and reducing cost at scale, one patient at a time.
Position Overview: As a Bilingual Continuous Care Coach, you will be responsible for assessing, coordinating, and managing the care needs of patients with chronic eye diseases. You will work closely with patients, their families, healthcare providers, and our internal teams to develop and implement personalized care plans that address their specific requirements. Your primary goal will be to ensure that patients receive high-quality care and support throughout their journey.
Top candidates will have the ability to enthusiastically interact with up to 15 patients per day to provide encouragement, empathy, and support.
**This role is 100% remote with no face-to-face contact with patients.
**Candidates must be bilingual, fluent in speaking both English and Spanish.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Must be available for the working hours of:
- 10am – 7pm Eastern Time
- 9am – 6pm Central Time
- 8am – 5pm Mountain Time or Pacific Time
- Communication and engagement with patient, family members, guardian or caretaker, surrogate decision makers, and/or other professionals regarding aspects of care
- Communication with home health agencies and other community services utilized by the patient
- Collection of health outcomes data and registry documentation
- Patient and/or family/caregiver education to support self-management, independent living, and activities of daily living
- Assessment and support for treatment regimen adherence and medication management
- Identification of available community and health resources
- Facilitating access to care and services needed by the patient and/or family
- Ongoing review of patient status, including review of laboratory and other studies not reported as part of an E/M service
- Development, communication, and maintenance of a comprehensive or disease-specific care plan.
- Build and maintain a caseload of qualified and physician approved patients by enrolling them into Care Management
- 2+ years of work experience in eye care,
- Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT)
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment with very little supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to work remotely with reliable Wifi access.
- Must have a home office or HIPAA compliant workspace
- Ability to work during times that individuals are most likely to engage.
- Ability to speak fluently in both English and Spanish.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, you must have a dedicated remote workspace, and a wireless connection with a minimum of 50 Mbps of download speed and 10 Mbps of upload speed of dedicated internet bandwidth for each person working from home; the workspace is private and has low to no noise level as you will be on phone calls with patients. It is very important that your workspace is HIPAA compliant; your company issued laptop/pc must maintain visibility that only you can access as you’ll be handling patient data. You are also expected to have your camera on during virtual meetings, therefore, you must be in a designated workspace/room for privacy.
At Lumata Health, we know you are more than just an employee. Your health and happiness is important to us. We offer medical insurance for full time employees, 8 paid holidays, and discretionary time off (DTO). As we grow, so will our benefits package. We hope you’ll be a part of that growth!
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Employee Wellness Program
Diversity Creates a Healthier Atmosphere:
Lumata Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
**For application status, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please). Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please verify any communication is coming from our domain ending in lumatahealth.com, and not a similar domain.