Backend Software Engineer (Node.js)
Happy teams build the most incredible products. We aim to change how the world looks at the Software Engineering industry by empowering one another to take on the most complex challenges to accomplish the most outstanding solutions. It is what we do here at BytePitch; through Supported Autonomy and Transparency, we make an environment where people feel driven to create, explore, and control their work on solutions that truly make a difference for us all. If you are looking to grow professionally and personally while contributing to building a better future through software engineering, then BytePitch is the place for you!
Our projects/products are based in the UK, USA, Germany, Canada, and the Netherlands, focusing on FinTech, BigData, and Blockchain solutions. Tech-wise, we are neither square nor round, so we have vast experience with several tech stacks. We might be tech experts, but we’re people first and foremost, bringing this human approach to our work; we all contribute to defining a path by sharing achievements and mistakes and caring for one another in a diverse flat hierarchy Tribe.
Our Backend Engineers design, develop and maintain the backbone of BytePitch’s and its clients’ software applications and systems. They work collaboratively with a team of engineers to build robust and scalable backend solutions that power our products. Their expertise in backend development is essential in ensuring our software’s performance, reliability, and security.
- Designing, developing, testing, and maintaining backend components and systems to support our software applications;
- Creating efficient and secure APIs facilitating communication between the front-end and various services;
- Design and optimise databases, write complex SQL queries, and work with relational and NoSQL databases;
- Build systems that can handle high-traffic loads and scale horizontally as needed;
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and continuously improve system performance;
- Implement security best practices to protect data and systems from potential threats and vulnerabilities;
- Write unit tests, conduct thorough testing, and troubleshoot issues to ensure the reliability of backend systems;
- Work closely with Frontend developers, DevOps engineers, and other team members to deliver integrated solutions;
- Create clear and concise technical documentation for backend systems, APIs, and processes;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest backend development trends, and best practices.
- Service-oriented architectures, design patterns and data structures;
- Test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Building performance applications and monitoring them that shows you care about your code;
- Working with relational and non-relational databases,
- Working with frameworks such as Node.js;
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and DevOps;
- Building highly concurrent, transactional and resilient services;
- Fully remote working model;
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g., Health Insurance and Meal Allowance*);
- Two types of contracts are available: Employment & Service (B2B) Agreements;
- Budget or reimbursement for external training and attending conferences;
- Potential traveling (0%-10% of the time, varies according to project/client).
* It depends on the type of Contract and location of employment.