Aviation Tax Analyst
MySky is looking for an Aviation Tax Analyst who will be responsible for tax and accounting analysis that provides critical data to clients. This person will report to the Head of Aviation Tax to develop workplans around data processing, analysis, and reporting of client data.
MySky is the leader in the aviation spend management space. We are focused on using technology to make aviation efficient by automating processes and providing IT tools that help private aviation stakeholders understand and optimize their spend on aircraft asset. We use OCR, AI and machine learning to provide historical and predictive spend analytics. We have a passionate and international team that spans over 3 continents and are looking for a candidate to assist global corporations with reporting and account for their global travel activities performed with their corporate aviation departments.
General responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Load and analyze aviation activity for multiple MySky clients on a monthly reporting cycle;
- Review and classify aviation expenses within MySky’s software;
- Receives source data in multiple client formats for manipulation and entry into MySky software tools (client spreadsheets and database extracts);
- Maintains data integrity by following client specific protocols;
- Analyze large sets of data to form conclusions and generate reports which communicate them;
- Document and standardize new data uploads/processes and troubleshoot client data problems.
Successful candidates must possess an aptitude for learning and using new software, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Additional requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline;
- 1-3 years of industry experience;
- Multitasking capabilities;
- Advanced level skill with general office systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and the ability to adapt to a variety of other software;
- Data manipulation and data conversion skills (Excel, Pivot Tables, Access);
- Excellent documentation skills (Word, PowerPoint, Visio);
- Must be able to perform independently and in a team environment;
- Position may require travel.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior relevant experience in an aviation company or software company;
- Experience within the business aviation industry or aviation logistics a plus;
- Outstanding computer skills, with ability to train others;
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence tools a plus;
- Excellent attention to detail; performs “self-review” of own work;
- Keen eye for detail and skeptical “prove it” attitude is critical to testing success.
- Competitive Salary based on experience;
- Subsidized health insurance;
- Remote work; WIFI and Phone;