Associate, Energy Markets & Policy
As the Associate, Energy Markets & Policy you will play a pivotal role in driving Calibrant’s mission to accelerate the energy transition, by utilizing your in-depth knowledge of energy markets. Taking that knowledge, you will focus on evaluating growth opportunities across a broad array of renewable energy technologies.
The Markets & Policy team develops and regularly updates Calibrant Energy’s thesis on the following: energy market dynamics, revenue forecasting, monetization strategies, market policy initiatives and the general evolution of the North American energy transition through market research, interaction & coordination with policymakers, and rigorous quantitative modeling.
You will support both pre-sales project assessments and the development of new market opportunities as part of a dynamic and collaborative team. Your understanding of behind (BtM) and front-of-the-meter (FtM) participation models will allow for you to effectively evaluate the monetization potential for distributed projects. You will also clearly present your findings to Calibrant’s Leadership team and Investment Committee.
**While this is a remote role, the ideal candidate would be located within driving distance to the greater Philadelphia area so we can easily meet as a team!**
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a market assessment framework to evaluate growth opportunities in new regions.
- Support Calibrant in implementing an energy market growth strategy that diversifies risk across geographies, ISOs, asset types and offering structures.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on market-related policy initiatives across geographies including, but not limited to the evaluation of:
- Energy market rules and regulations
- Existing and proposed FERC, NERC, ISO, state PUCs and utility rules and policies
- Federal and agency funding programs, incentives, and regulations
- Work collaboratively to develop new customer products and solutions that take advantage of applicable grants, incentives, legislation, regulations, and/or favorable energy market dynamics to offer differentiated products and contract types to Calibrant’s customers.
- Assist in market and policy-related content creation to support the Business Development team.
- Provide objective and data-driven conclusions when project opportunities are not financially attractive to Calibrant and there is significant risk in them not meeting returns.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in energy consulting for distributed energy
- Demonstrated experience in revenue modeling
- Proficient to expert in excel
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to tailor communication to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience conducting quantitative assessments of a project’s revenue/savings potential
- Experience with renewable energy generation technologies including one or more of the following: solar, wind, battery storage, geothermal, biomass, fuel cells, EV charging
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, math, physics, economics, or business, or other related field
What We Think Drives Success:
- You bring a proven track record of producing innovative and thoughtful assessments to inform investment decisions
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, and technical abilities
- You have an exceptional ability to communicate complex technical material across a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple and evolving priorities
- You are able to think critically and thrive in a dynamic, but sometimes abstract work environment
- You have a high level of personal integrity.
If you are a strategic thinker and you have a passion for renewable energy, we want to talk to you!
This role has a salary range of $100,000 to $130,000 plus bonus opportunity.
Calibrant Energy is a cutting-edge company in the renewables and environment industry, aiming to provide solutions that accelerate the energy transition. Founded in 2020 by Siemens and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, two of the most innovative companies in energy technology and the energy sector, Calibrant Energy brings deep industry experience and quality leadership in the energy transition to deliver value to its customers.
What we’ll bring:
We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically.
At Calibrant Energy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, generous PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
Calibrant Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding or reproductive health decisions), gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable U.S. law. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org