**Now accepting remote candidates from North Carolina.
Five-time winner of the Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, Veracity Pros; an All In One Accounting company, services nonprofits nationwide who seek a partner they can trust to drive their financial operations. At Veracity Pros, we bring relief to the financial accounting, reporting, and compliance burdens and offer non-profit expertise at ever level of client need. Our services and team flex as our clients move through our proven process.
Simply put, we take care of the accounting and financial complexities for nonprofits so that they can focus on growing their impact.
A bit about the role:
We’re seeking a fun and flexible Accountant to join our team and help support the small nonprofit organization we serve. This role is pivotal in supporting organizations whose mission is to serve their local communities.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for nonprofits or is interested in pivoting into the nonprofit sector. Whether you have the knowledge or not, if you have a desire to support nonprofit organizations, we’ll provide training on all the ins and outs of missions-based organizations!
As the Nonprofit Accountant, day-to-day you’ll be working alongside a Controller and CFO to collaborate and deliver accounting services to a wide range of nonprofit clients.
Now about you…
We work primarily with smaller organizations that have big goals. Being adaptable to help meet their needs and goals is a large part of the role. Each client is unique and has different needs, so being able to jump into each client to advise and assist is key.
You’re bursting with initiative
While there are set deadlines and accountabilities with each client, you want to push through just the task at hand and find ways to improve processes. You leverage technology and want to use tools to bring efficiencies to each clients accounting cycle.
You enjoy collaborating with others on the work you’re doing. Being in a team environment excites you – you realize this is a great way to help others grow while also helping you build your skillset.
More about the Nonprofit Accountant role:
Wearing multiple hats and saying “yes” to a variety of challenges are the table stakes for the Nonprofit Accountant role. Your specific responsibilities include:
– Manage and nurture the customer relationship with your clients.
– Design and deliver exemplary service; this role is a thinker and a doer – you will be creating journal entries to adjust general ledger one moment and the next defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
– Collaborate with the internal team to adjust client engagements and ensure long-term partnerships with our small business clients.
– Become a subject matter expert in everything QuickBooks and leverage your knowledge to uncover issues and suggest improvement opportunities for clients.
The specifics of the Nonprofit Accountant role:
– Establish and maintain a chart of accounts to facilitate accurate and timely financials.
– Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
– Conduct monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, credit cards, and all balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy.
– Prepare and issue client invoices and review accounts receivable to manage collections process.
– Make necessary month end closing entries.
– Prepare and deliver monthly financial statements and other schedules as requested by clients.
– Maintain annual budget, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to clients.
– Process client payroll and ensure proper entry in general ledger.
The successful candidate will have:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Accountant or related role
– Working knowledge or willing to obtain knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop/Online
Why — the Veracity Pros Benefits
Veracity Pros is quite unique as all our positions are offered as either full or part-time work with a mix of client interaction and internal team comradery.
Our company has been built by a team who likes to have fun, respects each other, and works extremely hard to do right by each other and our clients. We work with many missions-based organizations and the greatest compliment is that our work has helped change the lives of those our nonprofit clients serve.
The type of problem-solving our team faces daily must be met with curiosity, creativity, and grit. So, we seek like-minded people who also relish a good challenge. Every day everyone at Veracity Pros shows up with a synergetic spirit, ready to serve, and with an optimistic outlook.
Our explosion of growth in the marketplace has us hiring several roles and offering career progression. That, combined with our full and part-time options make this one of the most flexible places to work in the accounting and finance world.
Salary Range – $60,000 – $75,000 DOE
Veracity Pros provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.